Friday, January 17, 2014

1-16-14

1:40pm


Went to my GI appointment this morning.
Come to find out my doctor's nurse I had talked
to last Wednesday about getting my prescription
refilled and about getting some paperwork sent to me
had quit last Friday.
Now I know why nothing got accomplished with them.
My prescription order and paperwork was in my file
it just never got sent out.
I was assured today that it would be sent
to my mail order pharmacy.
Ya know that would be nice considering
I've been without my medicine for 8 or more days now.
It has been taking a toll on me and I can
feel when my body doesn't have it.
Body aches, stomach is raw and gurgles loudly constantly,
loose bowels and I am extremely tired.
I didn't get to lay back down today because
of errands and my appointment.
It's everything I'm doing to try not to fall asleep
before going to get the boys from the bus stop!
This nurse practitioner I saw today 
prescribed me a proton pump inhibitor.
I finally mentioned something about having
it and trouble swallowing at times to the point
food gets stuck and I have to throw up.
This new medicine is on a trial run to see
if it helps clear up the acid reflux.
If I still have problems with it or eating
then she wants me to have an endoscopy done,
a tube camera down my throat.
Always something to worry about!
But I've been dealing with that problem a lot
longer than the Crohn's I just haven't mentioned
it to doctors.  Now I worry that it could be
all linked to Crohn's because Crohn's can be
anywhere in your digestive tract from your
mouth to your rear end.


No comments:

Post a Comment