Friday, January 17, 2014

1-17-14

8:35am


So I'm sitting here researching this new prescription
I have yet to go get.
It's for Omeprazole, an acid reducer, a proton pump inhibitor.
Well I found through the FDA site that
you have an increased risk of getting
C. Diff when using this product.
DO WHAT?  
That's what I just went to the hospital for a month ago!
I wasn't even researching C. Diff and Omeprazole,
I was researching how many mg's Crohn's patients
were taking and if it helped them.
I have also read that when you have C. Diff
you are twice as likely to get it again
in the near future.
OK, so why the hell do they want to put me
on a medication that gives me a more
increased risk of getting C. Diff again???!!!
Nurse practitioner I saw yesterday 
failed to mention this to me
and she knew I was in the hospital recently for C. Diff!
And people wonder why I don't like doctors!
I just feel like they are setting me up to be deliberately sick.
First misdiagnosed in hospital,
then they didn't call in my medicine to be refilled
that I ran out of and it could be two weeks
that I'll be without it before getting more,
and then putting me on a medicine
that could make me really sick again.
Ok, I need a nap.



7:40pm


Been feeling eh ok today.
Still very tired and have severe stomach gurgling
and noises going on.
The body aches haven't been so bad, tolerable.

It's soo bitter cold outside again, brrr.
It's 17 and feels like 3 degrees with wind chill.
Went out today and got some paperwork mailed
to the hospital in hopes of getting some
financial assistance with my hospital bills.
Still haven't gotten any paycheck stubs so they'll
have to deal with what I have to give them.

Tomorrow morning we're heading to the scrap metal place
to hopefully make a few bucks.
Then after that we have a side job to do.
Every now and then we get a side job at
a convenience store near hubby's work
doing maintenance on things like plumbing,
toilet, drywall repair, electrical, etc.




No comments:

Post a Comment