Friday, January 3, 2014

1-2-14

7:30am


It's supposed to get REALLY cold and snowy this next week.
Weatherman says we could see lows between
-10 and -15 degrees.  
Not brrrr...Freaking BRRRR!

I noticed yesterday when boiling a pot of potatoes
that the humidity in the house rose a lot faster
than when using the humidifier so this morning
I put another pot of boiling potatoes on the stove
to make if feel warmer in here.
The potatoes will be used later on for supper.


9:00am


Made some pancakes for breakfast.
I wasn't really that hungry but ate anyway
to have something in my belly for when I take my pills.
Last night I started soaking pinto and kidney beans
for a chili possibly tomorrow.  They should be
just about done.  I added baking soda to
their soaking water to make them less gassy.
Tonight will be deer stew.


4:00pm


Working on cutting up carrots, potatoes
and getting everything cooked for some deer stew for supper.

My stomach's been feeling a little off today.
No unusual bathroom trips or other problems,
just feels a little throbby.
I worried yesterday about eating sauerkraut because
I'm sure that's not good for my belly.
We'll see if it's because of that or not and give
it a day or two to hopefully pass.


4:45pm


Just got done shoveling the driveway before hubby
gets home.  Thank goodness it wasn't a wet, heavy snow!
I wore 2 pair of pants, a flannel shirt,
sweater, jacket, boots, fuzzy socks, hat, scarf and gloves.
That wind makes it a bit nippy out.
And who's to say hubby will be home on time.
I've been trying to call him all day with no luck.
I'm sure they've been busy all day at work
between the snow plows and work orders.
Now I see they are calling for a low of
-13 Monday night with a high of 0 degrees for Tuesday.
Let's hope they call off school if we
see those type of temps and who's to say
what the temperature will be with wind chill.


8:30pm


Well according to our weatherman we could
see wind chills -10 to - 40 Tuesday!
It's pretty cold out there now.
Tomorrow I might dig out more blankets
and hang them on the windows for more
insulation.  We don't have curtains on our bedroom windows,
only blinds so anything will help when temps
drop that low.




No comments:

Post a Comment