Wednesday, January 22, 2014

1-22-14

8:15am


Here's a couple items I found yesterday
in a vacated apartment.
Not shown is a large skillet,
large square casserole dish with lid.
bag of dishwasher packs, bottle of Dawn dish soap.

And 3 shorts, 2 shirts and 2 jeans for the boys.



12:45pm


I'm in a weeding out mood.
The other day I went through a couple of dressers
and got rid of a bunch of stuff and
the hanging pantry with cleaning supplies in the
basement stairwell.
Today it's the bathroom closet.
I find too much stuff that I'll never use
in the way of toiletries.
Some things are going into the gift pile
to make gift baskets out of
for birthdays or Christmas.


5:00pm


2 weeks 2 days and probably then some
I have been without my medicine.
I have tried three times now with my GI's office
to have them call and send in my refill.
I even went in for a visit like they requested.
Usually our mail order pharmacy will call with
a recorded message telling us they got the
prescription refill and when to expect it.
I haven't heard a peep.
I have a nurse from Anthem, my insurance company,
that calls every now and then to check up on me
and we talk Crohn's and she gives me advice
and what not.
Well she called me today and I told her the problems
I have been having with getting my Crohn's prescription.
Now she is stepping in and will be calling
my GI's office tomorrow and my mail order
pharmacy to try and get somewhere.
I said good luck with that because when I call
the doctor's office I always get a machine and
have to leave a message.  The last message was about
needing a prescription refill and they called me back three days later.
As she and I both said, this is ridiculous.
I don't want to end up in the hospital again!
She told me I should start looking for another doctor.
Some medicines you take and they kick in right
away while other medicines you have to take for
awhile for them to start working.
That is my kind of medicine.
Thank God I haven't been feeling too bad.
But ya just never know with Crohn's.
A flare up can come on without warning.
Be totally fine one day and the next be down and out.









No comments:

Post a Comment