Tuesday, January 28, 2014

1-28-14

7:15am


It's -9 degrees outside.  That is NOT the wind chill!
They said Anchorage, Alaska is warmer than us
with temps in the 30's!

New weather words I have learned this month
that I have never heard before...

-Polar Vortex
-Frost Quakes
-Snow Rollers
-Ice Pillars


8:10am


Well here's a first, our insurance company rewarded
us with a $50 gift card of choice
because hubby got his yearly screening and
testing done for his diabetes which is
something he does already each year.
It was weird because he had just gone to see the
doctor about getting his prescriptions refilled
and get a check up for his diabetes and then
a notice came in the mail a couple days later from our insurance
saying if you go in to have your diabetes checkup
we'll give you a $50 gift card.
I thought that was perfect timing.
This was back in November.  It's taken 2 months to get it.
Usually we don't get rewarded to go to the doctor
so that's why I find this unusual.
I wish the insurance would have covered
more with those blood tests he had done.
It seems like the higher the insurance gets
the lower your benefits get.



Oh and taking of doctors and prescriptions,
it's been 3 weeks and 1 day that I have been without
my Crohn's medicine!!  In the past 3 weeks 
I have made 4-5 phone calls talking to the doctor's office 
plus I went in for a check up and asked them in person, 
my personal health insurance nurse has called them 
and my mom has called them.
How many more attempts is needed to get
my freaking prescription refilled???!!!
And I thought our family doctor was bad at
getting hubby's prescriptions refilled.
This doctor has that doctor beat!
And to think back when I first visited
my GI's office and questioned them about
getting prescriptions and was promised
I wouldn't have any problems with them.
LOL that was a joke.


8:35pm


Nothing says lovin' like hot cinnamon rolls
from the oven on a cold day like today.


9:25am


Well I got 12 more squares, 2 more rows,
sewed onto my sweater quilt.
I sew when I get a moment or til my hands go numb.
This morning I'm trying to get the feeling
back into my right hand.


9:35am


My GI nurse called and FINALLY called in
my prescription so she says.
We'll see if we get a phone call from our
mail order pharmacy to confirm it.


10:30am


Got supper in the crock.
I'm making "Buffalo" Chicken Mac.



Add these to the crock pot-
-couple of chicken breasts $2.59
-1/2 cup spicy Tex Mex chip dip (leftover and needed used up)
-1 can cream of mushroom soup .50 cents
-garlic powder
-onion powder

Cook on low for about 6 hours.

-Elbow macaroni .79 cents
-Chicken broth was free

In a saucepan boil elbow macaroni in some
water and chicken broth, drain.

Remove chicken breasts from crock and
cut into pieces, return to crock.

Stir cooked macaroni in with the chicken
and mushroom soup mix.

Serve with bread crumbs mixed with a little
butter on top.
Bread crumb packet was leftover from
a tuna helper mix I had and didn't use the bread crumbs.

TOTAL COST TO MAKE $3.88


2:45pm


Today for a cheap snack I made snow ice cream.
It turned out pretty tasty!

9 cups fresh snow (free)
1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk (.50 cents)
1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract (free)

Dump everything over the snow and stir.
Doesn't get easier than that.



5:00pm


No Columbus City School tomorrow due to
extreme temperatures and wind chill.


5:25pm


So my mail order pharmacy called to say my bank
card had been declined for payment.
I'm freaking out.  They guy tells me the last 4-5 digits
of my card they had on file and at first I couldn't understand
why they didn't match what was on my bank card.
Then I check hubby's bank card and it still did not match up.
What the heck?!
Ahhhh, then it dawns on me.
Remember when my wallet was stolen?
Well I had to get another bank card which
has different numbers.
The mail order pharmacy still had my other
bank card on file and didn't have my new card number.
Whew I'm glad I figured all that out while I was
on the phone with this guy.

Ok just got done eating supper and it was de-licious.
Now time to head to the carry out.
We got a door cut down, fitted and hung up for them yesterday
and now today we need to mud and sand it because
it's not the greatest used replacement door they had.


7:45pm


Here is the replacement door we were told to put
on this bathroom door.  Not the greatest looking.
The other door we removed had some pretty big holes
in it so when comparing the two this one didn't look
so bad, lol.  This "new" door had to be trimmed off
the top a couple of inches because it was too tall.
Then we had to mud the gouges/scrapes in it,
sand then paint it.  This office/restroom room hardly
had any heat in it and we used a heat gun
to dry the mud before painting.

BEFORE

The gouges were pretty deep.
I'm not sure where they got this replacement
door or what truck it looked like it fell off of
and drug down the street, it didn't look the greatest.
We had to make do with what was given
to us by the carry out owner.


AFTER


Well it looks like I'm going to have a full house Wednesday.
The kids don't have school and hubby took his
birthday off so everyone will be home tomorrow.
Wooo Hooo, LOL.

---






No comments:

Post a Comment