Sunday, June 30, 2013

6-30-13

9:30pm



Been pushing myself to do things this weekend.
I still do not feel well.
My belly hasn't felt the greatest and so far
I've been to the bathroom 7 times today
if you know what I'm talking about and
today is not over with yet.
5:00pm rolled around and I couldn't take
much more so went and laid down.
Next thing I know hubby is waking me
up at 9:00pm.  I took a 4 hour nap and feel like
I could of just slept til tomorrow morning!
But I had to get up and change the laundry over
so hubby would have some clean work clothes for tomorrow.
Body is hurting, just took some tylenol, again.
What I don't understand is that 
a week or so ago I was taking antibiotics
and steroids for bronchitis.  It's pretty
much some meds that they give people
with Crohn's flare ups so why did I flare up?
I don't know.  I guess that's why they 
say they still don't understand Crohn's
or have a miracle cure, let alone some
kind of relief cure.  Because when it rains it pours.
They say stress can cause it.  I haven't really had any.
We spent most of the weekend around water
and relaxing.  Yesterday we went to Hoover Dam
and Hayden Falls.  Today we went to
Twin Bridges at Hoover then over to Alum Creek
doing some fishing.
Then this weekend I worked a little bit here and
there when I could on my dehydrator.
I got the sides wrapped in rubber material
and put on the box.
Hubby's complaining.  I know he wants the carport 
back for his car to tinker with.
He helps me though when and where I need it.
I'm trying my best when I feel my worst!
I think if I keep moving about
rather than laying in bed all the times
would keep the old bones from getting rusty.
Not sure if that's working for me when
hubby says I look like I'm walking around
like an old grandma.
It just sucks and I know no one knows exactly
what I am going through or experience with
Crohn's unless they have it.
Hubby is having a hard time believing I've
been poo 7 times today and could very
easily go 8-9 before going back to bed.
He also thinks that just because I take
my prescription medicine everything 
should be fine and I should not have any problems.
So totally wrong.
Like I said no one will know what you experience.
Only you know how you feel
and I understand that people don't comprehend
what I go through.
People see me up and walking around doing some
things and think everything is hunky dory.
That is so not the case because inside
I feel like I'm dying.
Just because someone looks good on the outside
does not mean that they are fine!!
ok gotta run to the potty!!
Later.


I did not add screen to the outside of the dehydrator box,
just the rubber material.  Still need to add screen to
all the trays.



I might experiment with it some and set it out
in full sun to see what the temperature gets inside
before attaching a solar heater to it.
I can still add a fan attached to solar panel
for air flow to go through it.
I need it to reach around 135 degrees to
be able to dehydrate fruits and vegetables.

Remember what this used to look like?



Once in awhile stores will runs a sale on
potatoes for .99 cents for a 10 pound bag.
Hoping to run across some in the near future
and be able to dehydrate them.
Right now they are around $3.00+ for 10 pounds  
100 pounds of potatoes for $10,
now that's what I'm talking about!
Have to keep an eye out for them to go on sale
which is not very often.
This way I'll be able to stock up on the much
cheaper price.
Plus we'll see if I get any potatoes from the garden.

Any dehydrated veggies now will make
for some filling casseroles and soups
this coming winter at much cheaper prices
and better quality veggies than those purchased
during the winter months.




No comments:

Post a Comment