Tuesday, June 18, 2013

6-18-13

12:35pm


I posted photos of our vacation to Michigan, Lake Erie and the NASCAR track
on Facebook for family and friends to see
so I won't be posting them here except for one.
What are the chances of being 3 hours away from home
and in a completely different state
and someone else staying at the same hotel lives not 
far from you?!
Below this van was from Westerville, OH and was
parked almost next to us in Monroe, MI at the hotel.


Had to run to Kroger to get groceries for the week.
That store is getting crazy with the remodeling
and moving everything around.
Some isles aren't big enough to have two
carts go side by side.  What are they thinking!?
I'm not really into pre menu planning mode
being tired so I planned my meals as
I walked the store.
Marked down meats were found to make-
meatloaves, salisbury steaks, hamburgers,
sausage-potato breakfast casserole and beef stew.

Back home and rubbing on more aloe vera.
We're all sunburned pretty good.
We took spf 45 sunscreen with us and applied
it three times while at the track.
It did nothing!  Throwing that crap out
and getting something else for any other events!


2:50pm


Mom called earlier and wanted to know
if I'd go with her to the Goodwill thrift store.
I found a couple items.   The boys needed a new table
for their tv and game systems since the other one
kinda collapsed yesterday.
$3.99 for this durable Little Tikes cupboard
to sit the tv on and their game systems and
accessories inside.
If the kids decide later on they want a different stand
then I plan to use this one outside underneath the carport.
Little Tikes storage items are great to use in garages
and backyards to store garden, lawn and car items in!
I see them all the time along the road
being thrown out.  Just never when I really need one.



I found a Little Tikes toy box/bookshelf like the one below
and use it in the shed for outside toys and pool stuff.
They're nice because they are weatherproof, waterproof, don't rust
and don't swell up and rot like wood would.


I also got a large roll of food saver vacuum sealer bags .90 cents.
And a hard back book for the pool side,
The Tightwad Gazette II $1.99.




9:30pm


Me and hubby thoroughly cleaned the carport area this evening
and put a load in the truck to take to his work to haul outta here.
We took the kids swimming this evening at
hubby's work.  Trying to wear them out before bedtime.
Stopped by Burger King for a couple
.50 cent ice cream cones before returning home.







No comments:

Post a Comment