Friday, June 28, 2013

6-28-13

7:45am


Taking mom to some yard sales this morning.
Still not feeling 100%.
She doesn't know I feel like crap.
Don't want to ruin her outing for a couple of hours :0)


1:15pm


Went yard saling from 8:30 - 12:45pm
and that included a stop for lunch at Taco Bell.

Before getting to some of the things I got
at yard sales, which wasn't much,
I wanted to show you a few more things
we got us from the vacated apartment
that was still in the truck.  All free!

Here we have 18 double chocolate muffins
from Nutrisystem.

A small desk/writing table with drawer and 
matching stool.  Putting this in one of the boys
rooms to replace a table that is literally falling apart.

This is the hope chest I got for my son filled
with things for his new home.
Still in the truck since it is very heavy to lift
with all the things inside it.

Now onto yard sale finds...

sunglasses for hubby .50 cents.
wooden Myers box .25 cents.
Got that because that is my in-laws last name.

This planner, headset and apple spice candle
were all in free boxes.



Honeysuckle candle .25 cents.
Hazelnut coffee candle .15 cents.
Blue scented candle .05 cents.
Fall festival scented candle .35 cents.
thermometer (for dehydrator) .25 cents.

Window insulation kit enough to do 5 windows $1.00.
75 sq. ft. Reynolds freezer paper .25 cents.

Towel/blanket warmer
was $4.00 marked down to $2.00.
You ever been in a hospital where it is freezing
and request a blanket and when it comes
it's all toasty warm.  I always said if I find
one of those contraptions I would buy it.
Well here it is.
New it would have cost $100 to $160!!

Crossbow pistol $2.00
included holster and 5 arrows.

That's all for now.
I can say I feel a little better today but
that could be the ibuprofen talking.


2:15pm


Worked a little more on shelving for the dehydrator
and got the door put together.
I'm no carpenter or anything of the sort
and I don't think I'm doing too bad
for no directions on this thing.
I know it's taking me awhile to make.
I try to work on when I can.

I installed a thermometer to one of the shelves.




Since I don't have enough aluminum framed
screens for the sides I'm going to make wooden frames
to fit the side and attach screen and/or the rubber
material to it instead.


3:20pm



Never made ice cream before and are trying
out a $3.93 thrift store find,
a Donvier Ice Cream Maker.
Goes for $60 new!
No electric, ice or salt needed.
Makes 1 quart ice cream, ice milk, frozen yogurt or sorbet.
I don't really have a recipe for it.
I added milk, sugar, vanilla and some 
pecan flavored coffee creamer.
Tasting pretty good!
Ice cream is getting expensive to buy so
thought we'd try making our own instead.




10:15pm


I got a little more accomplished on the dehydrator this evening.
Made frames for the rear and side of the dehydrator,
made 5 trays and the door frame then called it quits.

This is momma's work bench, lol,
with a padded frilly stool to sit upon.


I'm just feeling like total crap.
Stomach cramps and pains have started.
Hurts to talk and use any stomach muscles.
Getting dizzy spells and feel like from my neck up
is hot.  Hubby felt my head and said it
didn't feel like I had a fever.
Bowel movements are still not normal.
Body just throbs.
All signs of a flare up.
Keep hoping each day that I wake up that
it starts to go away!
I'm getting so behind with doing things.











No comments:

Post a Comment