Friday, June 14, 2013

6-14-13

9:00am


I just read that we had 6 confirmed tornados
so far from the storm the other day.  
So glad we didn't get hit hard here!
Better to be prepared and safe than sorry.


Well here goes the frantic running around today
with cooking picnic foods, packing and oh, did I mention,
giving 2 kids and a hubby a hair cut on top of it all.
This ought to be a fun filled day.


11:30am


I got all the food made for the trip.
My back is broke!  Feels so good to be able to 
sit down for a moment.

-13 ham and Italian cream cheese tortilla rollups.
-pasta salad
-rotini pasta (jarred cheese sauce to add later)
-baked beans
-Pulled BBQ pork
-frosted chocolate pumpkin brownies
-celery sticks with cream cheese
-coleslaw
-put cheeze it crackers into smaller zip baggies for lunches.


Got all this packed up for the large cooler
then made 4 individual gallon sized zip bags
full of each of our lunches at the track
that will go into the smaller soft sided lunch coolers.
Plus we have hamburger buns, 
2 bags of chips, little debbies, pop.


As I was going through the fridge getting
everything put in there,
there was a can of energy drink that hubby was
going to throw away.  I think we found it
or it was given to us.  Either way I don't
like the kids or us to drink this stuff.
Instead of throwing it away I poured it
around my some of my veggies in the garden!
It has caffeine and B vitamins in it.
Might give those smaller plants a little boost
to get them going.




1:00pm


Just went out and got 2 large pepperoni pizzas,
8 crazy bread sticks, 2 garlic butter dips,
2 buffalo ranch dips and a sauce dip for the bread sticks
all for $12.  Waiting for it to cool
then will pack it up for the cooler for our trip.



Took a couple ibuprofen because my back is killing me
then will start on packing clothes and suitcases.
Trying to figure out what outfit everyone will
wear to the race track.
Here is an outfit I found for my one son that
I thought was cute for NASCAR country....
A Little Redneck!
Will probably lose him in the crowd with this on, lol.





8:35pm


The day is finally winding down.
Almost everything is packed and in the truck
except for a few things that can't be put in there
til tomorrow like pillows, computers,
table top fan, food, etc.
I did things a little different than last year.
Last year it was a pain in the rear crawling in
and out of the back of the truck to get things.
This year I am using totes.
It makes everything nice and tidy and when
you need something that is in the far back
all you have to do is grab a tote and pull it forward
to get access to things inside.




Whelp I just took my shower and feel so much better.
Here in a few starts the go round of 
getting everyone's hair cuts and showers.
Then I think I'm ready to zonk out for the night.


9:35pm


One hair cut down, two more to go.
Their hair has been growing since Winter time!
So yeah it was quite a lot to cut off.
It's got to feel a lot better with the warmer weather out.
See before pics when he was wearing the redneck hat.




10:20pm


Second hair cut down.
Before.



After





I'll need a vacation from the vacation!!


No comments:

Post a Comment