Tuesday, June 11, 2013

6-11-13

7:30-8:45am


Worked out in the garden enjoying the 
cool, fresh, morning air before it warms up to 85 degrees today.

I pulled up a couple raspberry canes that weren't growing
and planted some Dill Mammoth seeds in the
two terra cotta colored pots.
I also had to get rid of my celery which wasn't growing too well. 
In that peach colored pot I planted Pueblo Pepper seeds.

If I think some of my plants are getting too much
water from the gutter garden I will take them
off and sit them in front of it for awhile.
That's why you see the two banana pepper plants
out in front.

I've been eyeing a bare spot along the fence next
to the gutter garden so this morning I went out
and weeded that area to make room for
hopefully more veggies :0)
The little patch to the right of my water reservoir
I planted some Early Golden Bantam Sweet Corn seeds.
And to the left I will be planting Bush Beans.
The corn is on the right because as the sun moves
around the sky during the day it would
provide shade to the bush beans in the late afternoon.
Plus (if it even grows) the corn would help shade
my water tank to keep it cooler and help 
with evaporation or algae.  I don't have any at the moment
because it hasn't been too hot outside but it
could be possible.


I've got the bush bean seeds soaking and will
probably plant them tomorrow after they soak overnight.


If you use the square foot gardening method
you can plant 4 corn seeds per square foot.
As for bush beans you can plant 9 seeds per square foot.
I did square foot gardening last year and
are familiar with how it's done.
I still read up on it and found the newest book,
Square Foot Gardening 2nd Edition, which
came out February 2013,
yesterday at the library along with a couple
other books to help me in the garden
with any problems I might have 
and a couple on food dehydrating.
You don't want all your hard work to go down the drain
and want to be ready for any unexpected problems
and how to correct them quickly!


After working in the garden I came
in and popped part of supper in a couple crock pots.
We're having Inside Out Stuffed Peppers.
Of course the kids don't care for bell peppers
so I had to split my meat half-half between
two crocks.  They each have sausage and some
Italian seasoning with a little water.
One has yellow, green and red peppers along
with onions added to it.



Well I've got to get kids some breakfast and work on laundry.
I did not get around to doing any laundry yesterday
and have got to get it done today to start getting
things ready for our suitcases.

Don't this look like fun to do???


My cheap $15.00 traveling luggage-
Pink rolling suitcase $2.00 church sale.
Orange rolling suitcase found at hubby's work- free.
2 laptop bags found- free
(one will hold two laptops)
1 camera bag- free
Gray soft sided cooler- free
Red, black and gray soft sided cooler- $1.00 yard sale.
And the most expensive ones we bought
were the two green soft sided coolers we bought
at Marcs right before our trip last year
that was about $5.99 each.

When going to the NASCAR track you are only allowed
certain size coolers, totes and purses.
So it was fun trying to find those.

And we have two rolling hard sided coolers
for food and drinks.  Both were found and were free!
We have a third non rolling hard sided cooler we're not taking
that we also found and was free.
Nice to have for power outages!


Hey is that my Suburban under the carport now, lol.
Hubby finally removed the Trans Am last night
after it's been sitting there awhile (seemed like forever to me)
so he could sand and prime on it.
It's so nice to have the carport area back!
It's much easier to work on projects, for the kids
to play or work on bikes and to sometimes have a meal outside
under the carport.  I'd rather use it as a covered
porch in the warmer weather.  But come Winter
I like my truck underneath there so I don't have to
scrape ice or brush off snow in the mornings.
I'm sure it won't be for long since hubby
still has to paint the car sometime, ugghh.


10:00am


Oh here we go.  Nice thing to have to
think about before our trip!
You don't take this too lightly especially
after last year's storm in June!

This is from AccuWeather,
Severe Storms, Potential Derecho Chicago to Pittsburgh.

This is from Weather.com,
Roughly 89 million Americans will be in an
enhanced threat of severe t-storms Wednesday into Thursday.
Wednesday night, a cluster of severe thunderstorms, possibly in the form of a squall line with damaging straight-line winds, will sweep through this region as far east as southwest New York, western Pennsylvania, and northern West Virginia.  Cities in this late threat include Pittsburgh and Columbus, Ohio


 Just thought I would give everyone a heads up
to kinda prepare ahead of time for
anything major that could happen.

Now would be the time to round up some coolers
and make bags of ice to store in your freezer.
Ice goes very quickly in stores when there is
a power outage!!

Make sure you have food to eat that doesn't require
refrigeration or cooking (see below).  Trying to run to the store
after a major storm is a madhouse if you find one open
and if you find a fast food place open
expect LONG LONG lines!

Have cash in hand.  ATMS and card swipers
usually are down at gas stations
and stores and they will only take cash if open.

Get some gas in your vehicle tank NOW and fill
some extra cans if you have a generator.

Round up candles and lighters and have solar
outdoor lights charged.

Here is my emergency food supply to last
2-3 days for the 4 of us.
Items in totes include:



-Brown sugar oatmeal squares cereal
-Cherios cereal
-4 boxes of drink mixes for water
-1 box of instant coffee packets
-Uno card game
-Cranium 5 minute mini games



-Ramen noodles with dehydrated mixed vegetables.
-Chicken noodle soup with dehydrated mixed vegetable.
-bag of dehydrated mixed vegetables.
-Boxes and pouches of Pasta Roni & Rice a Roni
-Hormel compleats meal
-Box of splenda type sugar packets
-non dairy powdered creamer
-napkins
-condiment packs 
(sugar, salt, pepper, mayo, mustard, horseradish sauce,
taco sauce, etc)
-Canned sausages
-Canned tuna
-fruit leather
-fruit roll ups
-chewy fruit snacks
-applesauce
-dehydrated cinnamon apple slices
-instant flavored oatmeal
-peanuts
-crackers with cheese
-pop tarts
-hot chocolate powdered mix
-cold brew iced tea
-granola bars
-raisins
-applesauce cups
-jelly beans
-sunflower seeds


1:20PM


So much laundry to do, ughhh.
That'll teach me to get behind with it.
Only on the second load.

I knew I wouldn't leave my hair alone
and just had to tinker with it.
I felt the top layer was tooo dark and now
have a medium ash blonde all over my hair
and are timing it.

Cool deal.  I told ya I wanted to get a couple
Little Cesaer's pizzas and dips for our trip,
well in the mail today came coupons for
a new Little Cesaer's pizza that just opened up.
There's a coupon that if you get two of
their large $5 pizzas you get a free order
of crazy bread and sauce.
Hey, the more food the merrier for the trip
at no added expense.
I was also thinking about making up some potato salad.
Was cleaning the kitchen today when
I discovered I had about a third bag of potatoes
that need used up.
Plus I found a box of triple chocolate brownie
mix in the basement pantry.
Kids decided that they want brownies for the 
trip instead of cookies.

Talked to hubby on the phone earlier
and told him about the possible storms
rolling through tomorrow through Thursday.
He agreed we should go out and get our gas tonight
for his car and my truck.
I think I can get .20 cents off if I go to 
Turkey Hill to put gas in my truck before the trip.
  Then before the trip
pick up my free $50 gas card from Speedway
plus that includes .03 cents off per gallon.
To get these cards requires saving 48,500 points!  
Last year we got the $100 card for 96,000 points!
But unfortunately we weren't able to get
that many points this past year to get another one.
Oh well the $50 card is still free money for gas!

Thursday, when hubby's vacation starts,
we are going to go to the scrap place
and take some metal in.
Hopefully we'll make enough to put back in the
bank for the cost of the gas out of our pocket for the trip,
about $60 worth I'm thinking.
Then the only other money I should really need
is for McDonald's Sunday night after the race.
But I'm sure hubby will want to buy something
at the track and believe me that stuff IS
expensive.  I might get another bumper sticker
if they have one different than the one I have now.




3:15pm


Well here's what my hair looks like.
I was going for an ombre look.





10:30pm



Went over and visited hubby's coworker
who lives on the property they work at.
He's one of those people I tolerate because
he's my hubby's friend but behind the scenes
I have a whole different opinion of 
people that are so stuck on themselves
and feel they are superior to everyone around them.

So we get over there.  This guy lives in a studio apartment
and I prefer to go for walks around the apartment
complex while there and leave hubby to visit with his friend.
Well he and his friend decided they would
run down to the carry out and me and my son
stayed behind to go for a walk.
Well me and sonny found bags around one
dumpster and in them was a crap load of Elmos
and some costumes.
I quickly grabbed all the Elmos and went to
hubby's friends apartment before
they got back and placed them by his front door
and left.  LMAO.  It looked so funny!  
I'm sure it left his neighbor's wondering
what kind of neighbor they had living next door.


You've got to find humor with some
things or it would be a dull, dull world.
Especially when you drop an Elmo on the ground
and break his leg and he goes,
hee hee hee, that tickles, lol.

Remember when people went crazy
trying to get their hands on these toys
for Christmas presents?!
And now I'm finding a complete
Elmo family camping out beside a dumpster.
What a crazy world and what people
will do or will pay for to be able to
get things when they first come out.
SMH!


After the joke was over my son
decides to put on this scary clown mask
and walk around outside with all the Elmos.
Looked pretty freaky when it was almost dark outside.
Yeahup, people were a looking and wondering, lol.
He really wanted to go over to the lighted tennis court
area where foreigners were playing tennis
and run by but I wouldn't let him, LOL.
But I had a pretty good image in my head
of how they would of reacted and still laughed.


Oh and I found a stuffed Obama
and Mitt Romney pillow head of all things, lol.


We had a pretty sunset tonight.
The calm before the storm.
They are still saying there is a possibility
for a derecho early Thursday morning.
Last year we got hit head on by
a super derecho which is very rare
and are also nicknamed Land Hurricanes.
Wind speeds were clocked at 82 mph!
When we had Hurricane Ike hit we
had wind speeds of 75 mph!
















No comments:

Post a Comment