Wednesday, June 5, 2013

6-5-13

9:30am


I went out and fertilized the back lawn.
I filled the sprayer bottle that attaches
to a hose completely with old beer
(I've been dumping hubby's beer that he doesn't
drink that is left in any cans into a two liter
bottle and keep it in the fridge til I'm ready to use it)
then added 1/4 cup of epsom salts and shook
it up to mix.  
I'm going to do this once or twice a week
to see if I get any results of a better looking lawn.
I also misted the leaves of the plants
in my veggie garden, flower garden with hostas
and lillies and my grapevine with the
same concoction.

I see a lot of people that mow their yards and
then bag up the grass clippings.
We never do this.  Instead we use a mulching
mower which puts those grass clippings
back into the soil to help fertilize it 
more naturally.  Plus it saves time, energy
and money without having to buy yard waste bags.
Same goes with leaves in the fall.
We don't bag very many leaves or pine needles anymore.
We run them over with the mulching mower, 
blow them into the garden beds to keep the weeds out
and put them into the compost bin
to put into garden soil the next Spring.


10:15am


Good news, I was issued a complete refund
on my Ebay win that I never received!
That also included the shipping.


Interesting article I read-

Income not keeping up with living costs in Ohio

I'm hoping they consider a 

cost of living increase!


9:50pm


Back from closing the pools at hubby's work.
I took my Suburban tonight so I could
get my trash can I found the other day.
After seeing gas prices tonight I'm gonna
have to retire my Burban for the next week
and start driving hubby's car back and forth
to his work when he gets paged out after hours.
I kept warning everyone we'd see $4.00+ gas prices
this Summer.  Problem is that's it's not even Summer
yet and we've hit that number. 
It's because last year there was a drought and
the soybean and corn crops suffered as a result of it.
It's just a matter of time that the food prices
will follow with rising costs.
I saw premium gas for $4.21.

I love to people watch so here's one for ya
while I was sitting at the gas station while
the boys went inside-

Gas prices are getting so high the  
yuppy people who drive 2 seater sports cars
can't afford new shoes.
This guy got out of his car without shoes
on and went into Speedway like that.


I'm still dealing with my cold or whatever it is.
My nose isn't as bad as it was but the cough
is still going strong along with the rib and hip pain
to the point I'm not sleeping well at night.
When you have deep and long coughing fits constantly 
it doesn't work in my favor because I 
have weak bladder muscles.
It SUCKS!






No comments:

Post a Comment