Wednesday, June 12, 2013

6-13-13

12:32am


Yeah I am still up watching this storm as it gets closer
listening to and watching the tv, weather radio,
weather.com and accuweather.com's radars.
It appears to be forming a derecho and it's looking
like we're right in front of it.  That can't be good.
That's what happened last year.
They said we could see at least 60-70 mph winds.
Right now it looks like it's right on top
my in-laws at Indian Lake.
I think I saw as much as almost 14,000 lightning strikes
with this storm!
I'm so glad hubby doesn't have to work tomorrow.
He did say that if we don't have any power
by the time we're supposed to leave for our
trip then we are staying home and cancelling it.


12:52am


Some rotation areas are showing up along the storm line
one being in Bellfontaine heading our way.
Severe Thunderstorm Warning was just
issued for Franklin County til 1:30am.







1:09am


Tornado warning for Delaware and Union counties til 1:30am.

Starting to see the wind pick up on the security cameras.


2:10am


Well I stood outside when the front line
of thunderstorms rolled through.
Nothing spectacular other than the thunder and lightening
which the news says we have almost 16,000 lightning
strikes at the moment with this storm.
Winds were that of a typical thunderstorm.
Poopy!  Didn't even get an electricity flicker.
Time to go to bed!  If it wasn't for the Prednisone
I took late yesterday afternoon I would of probably
of been there a long time ago!

My camera is pretty cool.  I was able
to take cloud pictures in almost
complete darkness at around 2:00am!!
This is the storm line moving across the sky.
To take these kind of photos you need a 
a camera on a stand or a flat surface
because to get dark, night shots requires extra exposure
to your camera lense for about 10-20 seconds.







Nighty night!!


10:25am


Hubby is like a kid in a candy store bouncing around
being on vacation, ahhhh!
I just finished getting our driving directions written
out for the trip.
My stomach is feeling raw from the stress of planning
everything.  I've got food to make, suitcases to pack,
and everything else in between.
If something gets forgotten then I'm going to be
the one who gets the finger pointed at.

Here's hubby's accomplishment this morning, lol,
getting the DVD players installed in the truck.
That just seemed weird to be able to watch movies in there!
They can also be taken into the hotel room
and be plugged into an electrical outlet 
since they came with both home and car adapters.




11:30am


Pork roast is going in crock pot.
I added a little water in the bottom
and sprinkled an Italian blend seasoning over top
the pork roast then added sliced
onions around the sides for more flavor.
Will let this cook for most of the day on high
til it can be pulled/shredded apart and bbq added to it.




Name the baby gorilla at the Columbus Zoo contest.
You can enter one name daily til 6-18 at 11:59pm.
You could win 4 Gold Memberships to the
Columbus Zoo & Aquarium and Zoombezi Bay.
Retail value $460.


3:00pm


Went out and got last minute items for our trip
because tomorrow I just want to worry about packing
the truck up and getting it ready.
Trying to do everything as cheap as possible.

I got the hotel in advance which cost $64.99 a night.
By doing it ahead of time saved me $10 a night
because right now if you were to book it
it is $75.  So that saved me $20.

With NASCAR tickets we saved a little
on the kids tickets by paying half price
and not getting the most expensive seats.

Went to Marcs and got 16 ice packs for
our 4 lunch coolers.  They were .20 cents each.
Next we stopped in the thrift store by Marcs
and got a couple pairs of swim trunks for the boys.
They were .99 cents each.



We then headed to Speedway to get
our free $50 gas gift card by redeeming our saved points.
We'll use this probably on our return trip.
There's more of a chance of finding Speedway gas stations
along the way than finding a Turkey Hill gas station
so that's where we stopped next to fill up.
We noticed gas in Upper Arlington was $3.93 
and I got worried that gas was going to jump
up on our end of town soon so decided
to stop by Kroger's Turkey Hill
and get gas for $3.83 minus .30 cents a gallon
making it $3.53 a gallon with my Kroger plus card points.
We got $52 worth.
So there was two ways we're saving on money
for gas for our trip.




After getting back home I shredded up the
pork roast and added a bottle of bbq sauce.
It smelled sooo good pulling up out in the driveway.
The smell of the crock pot wafted clear out into our yard, lol.



While I was working on that hubby
was working on removing the gas filter on the truck.
Last year before our trip we were taking off the gas
tank and replacing the fuel pump.
Now this year before our trip it's the fuel filter.




Now are chilling for a few eating some lunch
or supper whatever you want to call it this time of day.
Then I got to finish up the last couple loads
of laundry in the washer and dryer and start
finding clothes to pack.


4:05pm


Here's a quick update on my garden from

Tomatoes 6-8

Tomatoes 6-13.
Middle two are now past the third ring on the cage.
The other two have just passed the second ring.
It's weird how some of the exact same plants
grow faster than others.

Green Beans



Cucumbers
Starting to grow vines.

Potatoes



Zucchini



One cherry tomato is trying to creep upwards.

2 banana peppers growing faster than the others.

Radishes



5:15pm


Baby robin in our backyard.



Mommy and baby sitting on fence.





8:15pm


I'll be glad when I'm done taking this Prednisone.
It makes you go vroom, vroom, vroom
whether your body is up for it or not.
My mind is going 90 miles an hour
wondering what to do next.
Make it stop!!!
Three more days of steroids then I'm done with it.
And about another 5 days for antibiotics.
Alls I know is that when we return from our
trip we should have lots of clean clothes,
the yard already mowed, dishes all done,
the house and yard tidied up
and garden already tended to.
That my dear friend is the power of prednisone.

I got a batch of pumpkin brownies in the oven.
I mixed together a box of brownie mix,
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice,
1 egg and
1 can of pumpkin together and put it
in a 9x9 glass casserole dish lined with 
aluminum foil.  Put in oven at 350 for 32 minutes.
Once done and cooled I'll frost them up,
give them a candy sprinkle because
it is a confetti frosting I'll be using
that has a packet of sprinkles on top the tub
and cut them into bars and pack into
plastic containers for the trip.
And while those are baking I got the last
load of laundry in the dryer, wahooo!
It seems like it's taking forever to do laundry.
Might have something to do with not doing it
for a week and then getting out the rest
of the Summer clothes and washing all
those up as well.


My frosted chocolate pumpkin brownies.
They must of been a little warm still when
I frosted them.  That's ok, in the fridge they
went to firm up the frosting.




---













No comments:

Post a Comment