Tuesday, June 4, 2013

6-4-13

7:55am


My ribs and left hip are killing me!
It was all I could do to try and get out of
bed this morning.  I could hardly walk
from the pain.  Not supposed to be taking ibuprofen
but I couldn't tolerate it much more so took a few.
I don't think two would hurt so I could 
at least start my day with a little less pain.
Hubby's ready to take me to urgent care or the ER.
I'm just riding the storm out and hoping
it will eventually all go away.

It's 49 right now and we're going up to 79 degrees today
with mostly sun.  Really need some sun and warmth
for the garden.  Peppers and tomatoes love the sun.
My potatoes seem to be loving the cooler weather though
with little pops of sunshine.
For three days now I've gone out and
covered them with leaf mulch.  I've never grown
potatoes before so this is all new to me.


9:15am


Ahhh, the ibuprofen has helped the pain thank goodness.


Here are my Beefsteak tomatoes 14 days after
planting them in the garden.
Before 5-21-13

6-4-13

I love watching and listening to the birds in our yard.
We have a pair of Cardinals that are just little
chatterboxes and sometimes can be annoying
with their CONSTANT chirping outside our window, lol.
They don't leave our yard and I have yet
to find out where they are nesting at.

Momma isn't as talkative as dad is.

Dad just chirps and chirps and chirps all day long!
And I no sooner typed that and can hear him
right outside the window!
He's a pretty bright red cardinal.
They jump around from the front yard
to the back yard.



I got 4 chicken leg quarters going in two crocks
with packets of Italian seasoning.
Not all mark downs at Kroger are found
in the mark down bin.  Watch on the store
shelves for clearance items also.
I was finding a bunch of gravy and seasoning
packets marked down to .20 to .40 cents
last week.
I have no meals planned just yet for this chicken.
I'll cook it up, remove the skin and bones
and put the cooked chicken in zip baggies
and back into the freezer.
Meal preparing goes much faster when
you cook things ahead of time
and freeze them.  This is especially
helpful when you are sick!
Add cooked chicken in casseroles
or some chicken helper for a quick and easy meal
when you are feeling down and out.




3:00pm


After 11 years and 4 months of being a member of Ebay
I have had my first experience with not receiving
an item I paid for.  It's been almost a month.
Before bidding I always check and read the seller's ratings.
This seller had a 100% feedback rating
and has been a member for 8 years.
I opened my case with Ebay and
I tried to contact the seller like Ebay said,
waited a week and then some and have now
have escalated my case since there was no response.
Never had to do this before so we'll see how it
goes and if I'll get my money back.


5:15pm


Well I have discovered what all the cheeping
has been about with the cardinals.
I was watching dad not long ago and 
saw him feeding a little one who was under 
the edge of our carport.
Can't say that I've seen a baby cardinal before today.



Having Sausage Gravy Tater Tot Casserole for supper.
Browned up a pound of ground sausage, drained
added a cup of milk and 1/4 cup water,
packet of sausage flavored country gravy
and a can of cream of mushroom soup.
Stirred til combined then poured into a
greased casserole dish.
I then layered tater tots on top of the gravy
and then whisked up 6 eggs with a little
ranch dressing and poured over top.
Bake 350 degrees for 25 minutes,
remove from oven and sprinkle
cheddar cheese on top and bake another 5 minutes.












No comments:

Post a Comment