Monday, June 24, 2013

6-24-13

9:00am


With the Summer heat upon us it's time
to make a few changes around here.
First of all I plan to use crock pots much more
and the oven much less so I don't put
any more heat into the house.
Second, I try to run major appliances like
the dishwasher, washer and dryer either
in the mornings or evenings when it's cooler outside,
not during peak electric usage during the day.
Third, hang laundry on the line.
I don't do all the laundry on the clothesline 
but I do hang heavier things like towels & blankets
that would take longer to dry in a dryer.
That's what I washed up this morning.


Right now I'm making a crock pot dessert to go with 
supper tonight called
Slow Cooker Chocolate Lava Cake.
Most of the ingredients I found marked down
at Kroger and already had.


1 pkg Devil's food cake mix (regular size)
1 2/3 cup water
3 eggs 
1/3 cup canola oil (used vegetable oil)
2 cups cold milk (used 3 cups)
1  3.9 ounce pkg instant chocolate pudding mix
(used chocolate fudge flavored pudding mix
and used a large box which calls for 3 cups milk)
2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips

  • In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Transfer to a greased 4-qt. slow cooker.
  • In another bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spoon over cake batter; sprinkle with chocolate chips. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until a toothpick inserted in cake portion comes out with moist crumbs. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.


11:40am


Here ya go if you don't have an air conditioner in your home.
Simple Cheap Air Conditioner.
I'd be willing to give it a try if I didn't have
air condition!
Totes can be found cheap like around $3 thrift store.
Small fans at the thrift store are about $3.
Habitat would probably have the pvc pipe.
You can fill 2 liter bottles or milk jugs with water
and freeze them to put in this.
If it were me I'd use my solar panel
and connect it to the small fan to run it.
This way you could use in a tent or somewhere
where there is no power like your kids sporting event.
Bring the wagon to haul the heavy ice around!
Some people make these from old coolers.
It's insulated to keep the ice from melting as fast.




1:10pm


Got all my boards measured out and marked
for the solar dehydrator.
Remember, measure twice and cut once.
I made a few mistakes the first time measuring 
everything out.  Like I forgot to add in 
how much to allow for the door to be put on
and the trays I didn't measure two sides right.
I'll probably have hubby cut the railings and door tonight
and get them screwed and put into place
before starting on the trays.
With these boards being only 1" wide I'll
probably have to drill holes before putting in the screws
to prevent them from splitting.





From channel WBNS 10 TV.
Report of a possible drowning on  Ferris.
That explains the ambulances/sirens
I heard and seen on Ferris while outside doing my boards.
I could be wrong but in their photo on Facebook it
looked like the entrance to the church
at Westerville Rd. and Ferris Rd.
There's an old white farmhouse next door.
They have horses in the yard next to it.
A tow truck driver, his wife and kids used
to live in that house and come to the bus stop
when the kids were in elementary school.
I do not know if they still live there anymore.
They had asked me one time if I would babysit
their kids and get them off to the bus stop
in the mornings and afternoons.
I had to pass because who knows when a tow
truck driver would be home at night.


10:30pm


I am so tired.  It's been a busy evening.
Soon after hubby got home I had
him cutting most of the wood for my dehydrator.
I'm not comfortable using a table saw just yet
or I would have done it earlier.
My carport is now my work space, lol.



Started working on putting some railings
into the box.  I have to pre drill all the wood first
so it won't split then put the screw in.
I used pieces of extra wood for spacers
so everything would be even.
Will work more on this tomorrow while
hubby's at work.  Might make the spaces 
a little farther apart.  Worried they are too close together.



Got the wood cut for the door
but it's not put together yet.



And wood cut for the place where the 
vent will run into the box from the solar heater.



After supper hubby took me over to his work.
They are having move outs and set outs this week.
I got a couple totes full of men's clothes and jackets for the boys.
All mall clothing like Hilfiger, American Eagle, 
Abercrombie, South Pole and stuff like that.
Now I need hubby to find me some laundry
detergent tomorrow because I am out
and still have a bunch more laundry to do.



Diaper wipes,
4 bottles of fish oil,
Tilex,
Mango jam,
Vanilla extract & 
Softsoap.



9 new bags of sweet potato and beet chips.
I don't think we'll like these so I got them
to feed the birds and squirrels.



Like new tennis shoes for hubby.
I have the other shoe to the single shoe
just didn't feel like digging through the tote for it at the moment.



And I get to do this all over again tomorrow.
Hubby says there's another move out apartment with
lots of things left in it.
Right now all I am thinking about is some sleep!


No comments:

Post a Comment