Saturday, June 22, 2013

6-22-13

11:30am


Got up at 6:30am.
Got the truck loaded with scrap metal.
Headed down to the flea market on the South end at 8:00am
before it got hot out.
Here's a couple deals I found.

A 6 ounce tube of Kroger apricot scrub for $1.00.
Then at another vendor I found the
St. Ive's apricot scrub 6 ounce tubes for .25 cents each!
They are usually around $3.25 in stores
and it's what I use on my face.

3 zucchinis for $1.00.
I know I am growing zucchini but fried and breaded
zucchini sounded good now, lol.


Taster's Choice, 7 coffee packets per box .50 cents per box.
Hubby likes these on the weekend when he doesn't
want to make a whole pot of coffee.
I also put these in the emergency supply food box.
They go for around $1.50-$2.00 a box in stores.


And lastly a t-shirt I got for my oldest son $1.00.
I'm putting it back for Christmas.


From the flea market we went to the scrap metal place
where we made $99.07.
This is from metal things hubby and his coworkers 
collect at his work that would otherwise be thrown out.
Things like faucets, small motors, sinks,
copper from water heaters, aluminum pieces
from doors.  All free money we make.


Here was something else I got yesterday at a yard sale,
a stack of Family Handyman magazines,
about 36 or so in all for $4.00.
I've been finding myself going to their website a lot
and was almost tempted to get a subscription to them.
This was much cheaper at almost .10 cents a magazine.
I told mom I was trading in my Taste Of Home cooking
magazines for Handyman magazines, LOL.
Hubby should be very worried, LOL.



Yesterday I called hubby from a yard sale
asking him if he needed a drill press I had found
one for $5.00.  I knew he sold his one he had
awhile back because we needed money.
It was much fancier than this $5.00 one and he
had it on a cart stand.  Well he tells me no
and now just asks me if I knew where that sale was at.
AHHHH.  But I do know where the sale was
at because it was a neighborhood sale in Gahanna.
I guess someone at his work wants one
and we could have made money off it.
I should have gone with my first instinct of buying
it because I just found one on Amazon for $150!!


Hubby has been trying to throw trivia questions
at me all morning and I have been nailing every 
single one.  He's been impressed, ha ha!
Ok here's an example of one he thought I would not know...

We were separated at the flea market looking
at different things when he bought these.
When we caught up with one another he asked
me what they were.  Boo Yahhh, I did know
and surprised the heck out of him.  Gotta love it.
Answer will be later this evening.



4:00pm


It's 92.3 degrees and Hhhmm outside.
Feels like 94 heat index.
Hazy, Hot, Humid, Muggy and Miserable.
The only things liking this heat is the 
tomatoes and peppers in the garden.
I fertilized everything with epsom salt and miracle grow today.

We went out to Reynoldsburg's Kmart
and got hubby a new pair of shoes for $20.
His bottoms and sides were starting to fall apart on his.


11:10pm


We went over to Hoover Dam to view the 
Supermoon tonight around 9-10:00pm.
This is the closest and fullest the moon will get this year.

The supermoon in the distance.







The answer to today's mystery object...
A socket holder.




No comments:

Post a Comment