Friday, June 7, 2013

6-7-13

11:15am


Almost 1 week before our trip and I am finally
getting around to making a checklist of things to pack.
If I don't make a checklist I know I'll end up
forgetting something.  I always pack extra clothes.
You never know if something is going to get dirty,
wet, spilled upon or whatever, you need an
extra set of clothing for whatever reason.
If the race should get rained out on Sunday
then there would be an extra day also because
the race would usually resume on Monday
so I would have to consider a possible extra
day in there as well.
Plus this time of year you should pack 
shorts, pants and a light jacket.
That helped lots when we visited Lake Eerie
and it was cloudy, windy and chilly by the water.
For any prescription meds I take along a
pill box with our medicine in it with the days of the week on it.
This is better than taking along a bunch
of pill bottles.

I also plan to pack extra pillows & bath towels.
The hotel's suck.  The bath towels we got last time
at our hotel were literally the size of hand towels!
Also working on writing down directions
to the hotel and racetrack.  We carry a map book in the truck.
I gave up on using the Tom Tom GPS last year
and felt more comfortable with my written directions and map.
I need to work on a grocery list
and a menu of food and drinks to take.
And lastly a list of things to take should you have a breakdown 
like a toolbox, extra oil, water, antifreeze, spare tire, jack,
air pump, tire iron, can of fix-a-flat, cell phones & chargers,
list of phone numbers (especially to roadside assistance).

I still don't feel the greatest.
There is lots of congestion in my chest.
It feels a tad bit better but not much.
Still taking Mucinex to try to kick it in the butt.


9:15pm


Still coughing and hacking crap up.
Took another Mucinex and took a hot shower.
Before bed I might rub some vicks on my chest.
Tomorrow will be 7 days of having this cold or
whatever it is.





No comments:

Post a Comment