Wednesday, June 26, 2013

6-26-13

8:55am


It seems like every time it rains the garden goes crazy!
Today I got some baby cucumbers growing.


Some grapes are beginning to turn a purplish color.


Carrots


Potatoes


The garden



Sure has come a long way from this...
1 month 5 days ago.



10:50am


I knew something wasn't quite right with my body 
last night.  Now this morning my stomach feels horrible
and we're back to having diarrhea
and body/joint aches and pains.
I've started taking fish oil again because
for me that helps with the achiness.
Crohn's sucks because it strikes whenever the heck
it wants without any warning.
And I was thinking about making some chili today
in the crock pot.  Maybe I'll make it for the family
and have something else to eat instead.
I found 12 ounce John Morrell ground sausage rolls
at Dollar Tree the other day for a buck each!

Still trying to push on with getting a few things done.
I laid out all the rubber "fabric" and got it
all measured and cut out for the sides
of the dehydrator.  Not putting it on now
because I still have trays, rails and a door to
finish making.  This will eventually get stretched
over the sides and attached with a staple gun.
The black rubber will help absorb more heat.
I had some extra left over that I'll use to make
a roof.  Not sure how just yet.
Want to keep water out of the top if it should rain.




OK, what really are the chances of 
a couple of old screens I got from hubby's work
fitting into the sides of this box almost perfectly???!!!
I got out the screens and was going to
cut them up and put them on the trays
when I thought, I wonder if this would fit the sides?
Thinking if they fit around the open space I
could just screw them in over top.
Well those beauties fit in that space perfectly!
The back side and door will have to have
screens cut down to fit and the one side has
a cross bar along the bottom that will need cut out
in order for a screen to fit in there.
This would make it so nice to be able to remove
them if I had to instead of pulling out staples.
Just a thought for those wanting to make
one.  Make one to accommodate some old screens.
I am adding the screens in addition to the rubber "fabric"
to help keep any bugs out.





12:00pm


Food around here during Summer vacation
is costing us much more than any other time of the year.
I'm trying really hard to find cheap lunches and
snacks to make.
Today's lunch is tortilla pizzas.
The flour tortillas, can of spaghetti sauce and
pepperoni can be found at Dollar Tree.
The cheese I get from Kroger because
Dollar Store cheese isn't made from milk.



I reuse small canning jars and small misc glass
jars like those that maybe some relish came
in as drinking glasses.
They are made of thicker glass than some drinking glasses.
Drinking glasses seem to break a lot more.
They barely tap one another and the next thing
I know I have pieces of glass in my dishwater.





12:20pm


Got a crock pot of chili going for supper.

-2  12 ounce packages of ground sausage, fried up and drained.
-1 can tomato juice.
-1 can diced tomatoes with juice.
-1 large can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed off.
-2 to 3 teaspoons splenda or sugar.
-1 packet onion soup mix
-1 packet of chili seasoning mix.
-and sometimes if I have it I like to add a jar of salsa.





6:25pm


Let's get ready to rumbleeeee!





The Easter Lilies started blooming today.



Getting ready to go to hubby's work soon to check
out a couple move outs.


9:00pm


Just got back home.
Got about 4 totes full of stuff from two apartments.
What I don't understand is how people can
up and move and leave about 90% of their things behind.
I left all the stuff out in the truck because I
haven't been feeling well today.
Was supposed to go there yesterday but
the tiredness, body aches and stomach pain overcame me.
So today I forced myself to go get some
freebies because ya just never know when you'll
get the chance to do it again.
I needed things like dish soap,
was almost out of toilet paper and
needed trash bags and things of the sort.
Found all of that along with cupboards of food
and misc. items.  Probably hundreds of dollars
worth of things.  The high ticket item
I got was a complete surround system.
I did find about 3-4 boards in one apartment
and had hubby cut them up for me while at work.
Now I can continue working on making 
railings, trays and my door on the dehydrator.
Free wood is good.  I think the only expense I 
have in this dehydrator is the $3.00 roll of rubber "fabric".


I know what I'll be working on tomorrow, 
laundry, considering I've been out of soap
and on top of our regular laundry I have two
totes of clothes I found for the boys that need washed up,
and marking/measuring boards to have hubby cut them.

Well it's time to chill, take my medicine and
watch some Ghost Hunters and Paranormal Witness.





No comments:

Post a Comment