Thursday, June 6, 2013

6-6-13

8:00pm


I kept waking up throughout the night
with coughing and pains from ribs down to my legs.
I've got roughly a week before vacation to get rid
of this crap!  I've tried Zicam and for the first time
of giving it to myself or other family members
it didn't seem to work.  This morning I'm
trying my other go to treatment, an off brand
of Mucinex.  



8:55am


There's always a ridiculous excuse for why
the gas prices are so high.
This time they are saying that two refineries
in the Great Lakes region was shut down or
partially shut down for maintenance
making the supply of gas unstable.
Yeah, whatever.  How many refineries are there in the
world that just these two caused gas prices
to rise to $4.00+ a gallon?!
Check it out for yourself to see how many
barrels of oil are produced daily!
If you can add it all up more power to ya.

A barrel of crude oil is about 42 gallons
which makes about 20 gallons of gasoline.
Only 46% of that 42 gallons is used to make gasoline
the rest goes towards making heating fuel, jet fuel, kerosene, propane and different manufactured goods.

Americans use about 375 million gallons
of gasoline daily or 3 gallons of crude oil per person daily.  
The US produces about 2 billion gallons of crude oil each year or 8 million barrels a day and has to import around 3.5 billion barrels each year from other countries.  The US produces about
10% of the world's oil.

This past Sunday I found a gas station on
Parsons Ave selling gas for $3.59 a gallon.
Yup I did a U-turn to go back to it!

If gas stays at the $4.00 price for the next week
I'll only get 12.5 gallons of gas with my free
$50 gas card from Speedway.
If I've figured right I'm going to say I need
27.7 gallons of gas at around $110 for a 416 mile round trip
at $4.00 per gallon.  
So $60 gas money out of our pocket
for the trip.
And that's estimated at 15mpg.
The truck could do a little better than that
but I'm figuring the low end.


11:00am


Mom called this morning to tell me
about a church sale up the street.
Me and my one son went to it.
I found a couple items.

-All weather alert radio $1.00.
They go for about $25 - $30 because I have one just like this
and bought it for $15 at Kroger marked
down 50% off.  I figured it would be nice to have
one to travel with in the truck.  It can be plugged into the wall
or use 3 AA batteries.  Last year we were barely home
when we had the power outages and spent most
of our time outdoors at hubby's work while
he worked or in a vacant apartment that had
nothing in it but what we brought.

-2 whistling key finders .15 cents each.
Oh yeah I had plans for these the moment I saw them!
I'm gonna tape these to some tv remotes.
I'm so tired of them getting lost.

-Flea and tick shampoo for dogs.
Brand new bottle for .10 cents.
I'm using some of this in my lawn fertilizer treatment
with the beer and epsom salts.
They say to use dish soap or baby shampoo
in the concoction to help make it stick to the grass.
by using flea and tick shampoo it will also
help with the little pesky bugs in the yard also!

-not pictured, a key chain measuring tape for .10 cents.
I love mine I have on my keys.
It has come in handy many of times.
I bought this one for hubby to put on his
keys since he is always borrowing mine, lol.


1:30pm


I have been searching high and low
for tires for my truck and haven't had any luck.
I went to Sandy's (Steve's) Used Tires
and they are getting pricey.
They had only two matching tires for $185!!!
And they tried to tell me I wouldn't find a better deal
than that.  HA, they don't know me too well.
Everyday I look on Craigslist.
I saw an ad come across Craigslist today and
jumped all over it in a heartbeat.
It was a matching set of 4 tires with decent tread for $80.
Now $185 for 2 tires or $80 for 4, Hmmmm.
Sandy's can kiss my tush right about now, lol.
I'll take the $20 a tire price!
I know I'll still have to pay to have them put on
but that still costs less than Sandy's 2 tires!

Here are what my front two tires look like on the Suburban.
They are worn down on the outside edges
with no tread.  Not everyone can afford an alignment
so this is the result of not having one done.
My rear passenger tire is cupped
meaning it has a dip in the middle of the tire tread
causing the truck to bounce a little.
Plus my tires now are a little dry rotted.
I think I paid $70 or so for the two front tires
a couple years ago when we first got the Suburban.



My "new" tires that I got in Westerville 
in Huber Ridge that wasn't far from here.  Fyi, I am still sick
and stood in the rain to get these suckers.
I'm a wheeling and dealing fool in sickness and health
and in rain or shine.
What other choice did I have at the moment.

What the tread looks like-

All matching off a Silverado 4x4.
They are a little taller and wider than the ones on the truck now.

My truck originally came with 245-70-16 tires.
I have 255-75-16 on it now and are upgrading
to 265-75-16's.  They should look better
proportioned on the truck with these larger tires.
Right now with the tires I have on it 
the speedometer is off by about 3 mph.
Say the speedometer shows I'm doing 45 mph
when in all reality I'm only going 42.
Well see if these tires will correct that or make it worse.
To check your speedometer try to find one of those
speed limit signs that clock your speeds.
Usually found in residential neighborhoods
when people complain of speeders
or sometimes you can find them in the higher
end neighborhood school zones.



My neighbor with a Tahoe, like our Suburban
only shorter in length, just spent around $1000
for a set of 4 tires on his vehicle!


9:30pm


I am on my third dose of mucinex for today.
Forgot one of the doses earlier but I do
think I am noticing some improvement.
Warning, don't take these generic brands without food.
They are uncoated and gave me the shakes earlier
when I took one without food in my belly.
6 days of this crap, I think it's time to go bye bye.
7 days til vacation and 9 days til we leave
for Michigan.  

I also need to give both kids haircuts and I need to color my hair again because the roots are showing looking like crap.


10:40pm


BREAKING: Officer-Involved Shooting

Hmmm that would explain the cop car followed
by an ambulance that sped by here about an hour ago.
Thought it was odd they were back to back like
that.  Usually it's one or the other.
This was at Maize and Morse Rd.










No comments:

Post a Comment