Monday, September 30, 2013

9-30-13

7:30am


Not quite sure what was going on around here last
night but I made sure all the doors were locked!

Hubby had gone outside to make sure our vehicles were locked up.
This was around 9:30 - 10:00pm.
It's pretty dark out by then and there's no street lights
on our side street.  As he's walking away from his car
getting ready to come into the house, a cop out of the blue,
no police car and on foot, approaches him with his
hand on his gun!  That would have freaked me out!
I guess the cop was asking him if he had seen a couple
of people because they had lost them in a pursuit
and was looking for them.
Of course hubby didn't tell me this right away
after coming into the house.  I was laying down
watching tv in the bedroom.  Over the noise of a fan,
closed windows and the tv I could hear a 
car outside tromping down on the gas going high speeds
in front of our house.
That's when I jumped up and thought what the
heck was that?!  I ran into the living room to look
out the front window and anther car 
(police cars no sirens or lights)
was also doing high speeds, motor revved going down
our side street.  That's when hubby told me about
the cop approaching him outside about
a 15 - 20 minutes before that.
I still don't know what was going on.  Didn't
see anything on the news.
A couple minutes later I could hear sirens
in the distance and the helicopter.


8:30am


I've got some packets of fish fillets going in the crock on low.
I cut out sheets of aluminum foil for each fillet.
Then I spread some butter, garlic herb seasoning,
fillet, chopped up red/yellow/green bell peppers
and misc. frozen veggies and put them all
into the center of the foil and wrapped the foil
around it.  I then added a little water to the
bottom of the crock, added about 4 crushed
aluminum cans and lastly placed the 
foil packets on top.

I'm making spaghetti with sausage spaghetti sauce
and garlic rolls for supper since everyone requested it.
The reason for making the fish today is because
I already thawed it out and it needed cooked up now.
I've got another smaller crock going with a pound
of ground sausage, a little water and some 
garlic & herb seasoning to go in the sauce later on
after draining.


2:15pm


Well I got the meat spaghetti sauce done and ready for supper.
Almost time to go get the boys and I've got their
snacks ready and waiting for them.
And when I get back home from the bus stop
then I'm going to start making pumpkin spice
muffins with mini chocolate chips.  
Already got it made up in a bowl
just need to pour into cupcake pans and bake.
Oh, and I got another unexpected load of laundry going.
Decided to wash up a bunch of jackets & coats
of hubby's that I brought home from his work.

Hubby thinks I'm rushing the season and hoping for cold
weather.  That is not the case at all.  I'm not rooting
for any cold weather...YUCK!
I'm just preparing for it because you know it's coming.
Jackets washed and cleaned... check.
Blankets/comforters washed and ready to go...check.
Winter clothing washed...half check.
Bought kids warmer socks...check.
Warmer sheets/pillow cases for the kids beds...check.
Have Winter boots, gloves, hats, heating pads & blankets...check.
Why wait and do or buy these things at the last minute.
You ever try to go to the thrift store or any store and buy
these things in mid Winter?
You'll find that they won't have what you are looking for
like the thicker sheets, boots, jackets, electric blankets, etc.
They will be sold out or hard to find the sizes you need!
It's about like trying to buy a generator during a 
power outage or shovels during a blizzard.


Remember me telling you I got an aloe vera plant
and a mini rose bush.  Well I have them sitting
in the bay window and the cats decided they
wanted to dig in their containers.
I fixed that problem real quick after cleaning
up several messes.  
I sprinkled crushed cayenne pepper all over
the base of the plants in the dirt.
No more digging and trying to knock them over!
I remembered reading about using hot pepper
in gardens to keep critters out of your veggies
and thought why not do the same for house plants.


4:15pm


Got all the muffins done.
I had just a smidgen of fudge frosting left 
in a container in the fridge, put it in the microwave for
about 30 seconds til melted then drizzled
it on the tops of each muffin with a spoon.
I ended up with 50 full sized muffins.

Got my dishes going in the dishwasher.
Resting a moment then will start supper.


---











No comments:

Post a Comment