Wednesday, September 25, 2013

9-25-13

8:50am


I got my a pair of my freebie curtains hung
up in the living room and are now threatening cats
with a spray bottle if they get anywhere near them!
Between kids and cats I don't think it's
possible to have anything nice for very long.



4:00pm


Feeling woozy.  Our regular health insurance,
is going to cost us almost $680 a month next year.
Where the hell is the affordable health care act.
Oh, there it is in black and white, we have an option
of choosing a lower health insurance at only
$400 a month.  With that plan the insurance company
gives a family $1000 to spend at doctors and for
prescriptions.  Once you run out then you pay
for everything out of pocket 
until your deductible of $4,500 is met, then the insurance
will pay 70% of medical expenses.
Whoop De Freaking Do!
 Now mind you that my prescription (just 1)
alone is going to cost me $1200 a year
so this plan would suck for us!

If we stay with our PPO health insurance plan
at the rate of $680 a month...

ER co-pays are $350, waived if you are admitted.

Family deductible is $2,100.
Then the insurance will pay 80%.

There's an out of pocket expense of $8,100.
That's how much you have to pay in medical bills
before the insurance will cover you 100%.

Prescriptions are we pay 20% of the cost
for a 90 day supply unless of course you
have my kind of prescription then it's 
$100 co pay per 30 day supply,
and that's getting a discount by going
through a mail order pharmacy.

For vision it says eye exams are no cost
and you have $300 to spend per year for
each member for contacts or glasses. 
Yeah right, my butt, I spent a couple of months
bitching back and forth with our insurance company
and eye doctor when I got a bill for $170
for just an eye exam for hubby.
I ended up paying that $170 to keep
us from getting numerous harassing phone calls
from the eye doctor at work, home & cell.

Now it does say that all preventative care exams
and such are covered 100%.
It says that includes colonoscopies but do you think it covers
colonoscopies for my Crohn's?
Not at 100% it doesn't!







No comments:

Post a Comment