Tuesday, September 24, 2013

9-24-13

7:30am


I forgot to close one window last night and
it got to 60 degrees in here.
It usually averages around 70 degrees throughout
the night when the windows are shut.
Still haven't turned on the furnace, lol.
I still can't stand the thought of doing that just yet.
Instead I fired up the electric oven this morning
for 30 minutes which raised the temperature in here 9 degrees
to 69 degrees in a half hour.
I also went out and warmed the truck for a couple
minutes before leaving.  That also helps
with clearing off the windows so I can see to drive.

I got the truck unloaded soon after taking the
kids to the bus stop and will get some pictures
posted soon.
I got a bunch of real nice curtains and drapes
(about 4 sets) along with their rods and hangers.
I have been through about 2 sets of curtains
on my living room window because of cats
clawing at them.  And now I worry what
they will do to these.  (we won't even talk
about the blinds they have tore up!)
I would so love to be able to hang these curtains up
and are doing some research to see what I can use
to keep them away from wanting to climb
on the curtains.
So far I have read insect repellent smells,
lavender or citrus smells.


3:30pm


I've made another 3 batches of homemade noodles
for a total of 5 batches all together for
my homemade chicken and noodle soup 
including the chicken broth.
I also have a crock pots now full and going
with chili and ham & beans for the freezer also.
Hoping to get about 7 meals out of all these.


While I have photos of the things I got yesterday
from the vacant apartment I can't upload them at
the moment so will just list the things I got...

coffee clock, 2 coffee rugs, another small rug,
4 pairs of curtains with rods and hangers,
calculator, scissors, pens, pencils, markers,
construction paper, notebooks, legal pad paper,
glue, child work books, canning jars,
rolling cooler with handle (mom's Christmas gift),
large butterfly kite with string still in package,
badminton set still in box, camping chair in fabric bag,
mini rose bush, aloe plant, 5 pounds of oatmeal,
large box of mini drumstick ice cream treats,
4 new white t-shirts, two 64 ounce containers of bubble bath,
kids shampoo, baby shampoo, 2 baby powders,
aloe lotion, kids conditioner, gel baby oil,
mouth wash, shower spray, gallon of bleach,
lysol gel for toilets, shower cleaner, windex.
Sonic jewelry cleaner, jewelry liquid cleaner,
Everything was brand name!



5:00pm


While I was boiling up some homemade noodles in
some chicken broth, water and a packet
of sausage flavored country gravy,
I cut up and boiled a large pot of potatoes.
Half went towards mashed potatoes to
put the noodles, chicken and gravy on
and the other half along with leftover mashed potatoes
will be going into a potato soup I'll be
making in the near future.


9:45pm


I was finally able to upload my find photos.
There are a couple other things in the photos I haven't mentioned
above.

Quilt underneath the rugs.








Plus 2 baseball gloves, 3 baseballs, 2 rackets,
a net on a long pole.






No comments:

Post a Comment