Thursday, September 19, 2013

9-19-13

2:00pm


I just wanted to note that since having my wallet
stolen on Monday at Kroger that we said we probably
won't be going back to that Kroger again.
And after watching yesterday's news and seeing
that there was a shoplifter running through that
same Kroger firing shots and harming people, not with bullets
but by running into them while trying to flee the store,
I don't think I want to ever return to that store!

Today is national cheeseburger day.
What's funny is I had already planned on making
cheeseburgers for supper.
Found a 10 pack of hamburgers at Kroger
that was $10 marked down to $6.99.
That should make a couple of meals, one
of which will go into the freezer.

I'm frying the hamburgers Meat Magic seasoning blend
along with some steak sauce.
Toppings will be a choice of cheese, mustard, ketchup,
onions, relish, chunky bleu cheese dressing
and real bacon bits.
I don't have fries or tater tots for a side so
will fry up some of my frozen shredded potatoes
in an Italian dressing and use that instead.
Leftovers will go towards breakfast tomorrow morning.
Might make hash brown, egg and cheese 
tortilla roll ups.

Yes, I am still adding to my freezer meals.
Yesterday I just put 3 gallon zip bags of
Chinese veggies, rice, smoked sausage
and teriyaki sauce into the freezer for another 3 meals.

The other day while picking up some basic things
at Kroger I'll looked around to see what I can find marked down.
I bought 3 packages, guessing about 1.5 to 2 pounds in weight,
of red, yellow and green bell peppers for $1.00 each.
These have the seeds removed and are cut into big pieces.
I thought that was a really good price for bell peppers!
I'll divide these up into freezer bags and put in the freezers
for casseroles, soups, omelettes and maybe some
stuffed pepper casserole.

Yesterday we went for our usual evening walk.
We have a full "Harvest Moon" that I photographed
and sent to Chris Bradley.
He posted it on his Facebook page.

The only photo he didn't post that I sent him
recently was from Tuesday when I 
got a picture of a Sundog.
I know, what's a Sundog?
A Sundog happens when the weather is usually partly cloudy
with sun but no rain.  It usually happens in the mornings
or evenings when the sun is more on the horizon.
You will see a little blip of a small patch of
what appears to be rainbow colors in the clouds.
It is caused when the sun passes through 
ice crystals or very tiny water droplets in the clouds.


And in other news today....

Fight Over 'Obamacare' Waged Through Budget Bill



----










No comments:

Post a Comment