Wednesday, September 4, 2013

9-4-13

7:15am


Hubby and I had to close his work pools last night.
He took the on call pager for a day for a coworker.
His work keeps the pools open an extra week
after Labor Day weekend.

We stopped by Kroger on the way home to get some pop.
Every time I visit Kroger I am always on the hunt
for mark downs and will check them out before
leaving.  Some days are good while other days
there aren't as many.  Last night I thought
was a good night for them.



4 Eckrich hot dogs .50 cents each
2 packages cubed ham $1.09 each
two 2.5 pound packages smoked sausage $2.50 each
3 packages real bacon bit .99 cents each
3 Open pit BBQ sauce .49 cents each
1 Hot banana pepper rings .99 cents
1 Lasagna pasta $1.49
1 Cream of chicken soup .79 cents
2 Juicy juice 100% mango juice $1.49 each.

I have a list of meals I want to prepare for the 
freezer still and these mark downs will help
greatly with keeping the costs down.
I have other things on my grocery list
and want to go to Aldis for those items
where I can get them cheaper.

Other freezer meals I plan on making-
Looks like I'm gonna be busy.

-Chicken pot pies
-Homemade chicken & noodles
-Teriyaki chicken (or smoked sausage), rice & veggies
-Chicken & gravy over mashed potatoes
-Chicken ala king
-Chicken crescent roll casserole
-Chili
-Ham & potato soup
-Lasagna
-Enchiladas
-Breakfast burritos
-Cheeseburger Casserole
-Chili dog casserole
-Homemade smoked sausage pizza
-Homemade buffalo chicken pizza
-Ham & tater tot casserole.


Woke up this morning with my face itching again
and driving me crazy so I tried another remedy
soon after returning home from the bus stop,
toothpaste.  I put it all over my face.
It burned and tingled a little but stops
the itch instantly!  I used the regular white kind.
I'm minty fresh, lol.


11:40am


I had a couple of places I needed to go
and mom tagged along.
I have limited funds so can only get what is needed.
First stop was the thrift store.  My one son
needed some XL shirts as his L shirts just
aren't big enough anymore.
And I bought 5 pairs of sock at .59 cents each.
I've still been on the hunt for a coffee pot for 
hubby with the cooler weather fast approaching.
The thrift store wants anywhere from $10 to $18
for one!  I would even settle for a glass coffee
pot for very cheap if I can't find a thermal one.
Today I found two 64 ounce thermos mugs
with a Speedway logo on the side at the thrift store
for .90 cents each.  I know they sell these 
same containers at Speedway for $5.00 each.
When you have one of these large containers
you can fill it up for something like $1.49 at Speedway.
It will work for now til I find a coffee pot.
And if I happen to find a cheap glass one then
I can pour the coffee into the thermal containers
for hubby to take to work with him.

My only other place I need to go is Aldi.
That will be another day another time
as I am still getting a list together of cheap things
needed to make freezer meals.


---

No comments:

Post a Comment