Sunday, September 15, 2013

9-13-13

7:25am


Friday the 13th and I've started my morning off
with symptoms of a migraine, blurred vision
and a slight headache.
I have found over the years
that if I pop a couple acetaminophin or ibuprofen
at the first signs it goes away within an hour
and a full blown migraine won't erupt.
In the past before I did this I could have blurred vision
with a major headache for days and all you could
do is sleep it off in a dark room because
you become very sensitive to light.


The last couple of days we've had lasagna for supper.
I did a double batch in a very large casserole dish.
Since I was cutting back on my grocery bill I didn't
get hamburger or sausage to make it.   
I had smoked sausage already and sliced and fried it
up and added it to the layers of the lasagna instead.

Talking of smoked sausage, that's what I made
for the kid's breakfast today and yesterday.
I took a flour tortilla, added a fried egg, cheese,
whole smoked sausage and a 3 cheese ranch dressing to it
then rolled it all up.
Each morning I would get out a couple of these
roll ups and fry up on a skillet for breakfast.

Today for supper I am making a tater tot casserole.
I do have a few changes I made to the recipe.
I am using onion soup mix, a can of cream of mushroom soup,
instead of hamburger I have a package
of diced up ham and instead of cheddar cheese I 
have mozzarella cheese.

For an after school snack for the boys I am making
chocolate chip cookies.  I have lots of cookie
mixes in my pantry so decided to whip
one up today.  Warm chocolate chip cookies
sounded good on a cool day like today.

I can't believe earlier this week we topped 
95 degrees with a heat index of 101 degrees
and today the high is only 64.
That's a 31 degrees difference!
BRRR.


Last night me and hubby went to a friend's house
and tore apart their dryer and did some electrical
testing on it to find out why it wasn't heating.
We pulled the heating element and discovered
one of the coils was broke on it.
Today we ordered the new part.
Total cost for the part to repair their dryer
is going to be $54.  
I've read that a service call from an actual
dryer repair man can run $70 to $165 plus parts.
And that does not include any vent cleaning of the
dryer which we plan on also doing.
Someone would charge about $50 or so just to do that!
Not sure yet how much we're making from this repair
because we pretty much let the people decide
how much to pay us.  It's an easy fix for us
but saved those people the hassle and extra money
of calling a repair man.



No comments:

Post a Comment