Monday, September 2, 2013

9-2-13

10:20am


I've spent the last couple of hours making
freezer suppers from the deer tenderloins
I cooked in the crock pot all day yesterday.
So far I will have made 8 freezer meals
and still have about 3-4 pieces of deer tenderloin left
to make even more meals from!
I discovered a couple of tenderloin I pulled from
the freezer wasn't cooked yet so those are in the crock.
I thought they were leftovers from another meal
but I guessed wrong so will have to cook them up.

Here is my setup.  I had several different large bowls
for each meal.  In certain bowls I divided the gravy up between
them.  The gravy was the juices that was in the bottom
of the crock pot when I made up the deer tenderloin.


To make putting the food once done into
freezer bags easier I took a juice jug and cut the top off of it.
Next I put the zip bag inside it and folded the top
over the sides and spooned the food into it.



Here's what I have made so far...



(2) Deer goulash with 2 boxes mac & cheese,
can of diced tomatoes, deer tenderloin cut up
and gravy.  

(3) Deer Barley Vegetable Soup.
Cut up deer tenderloin, gravy,
carrots, peas, potatoes, green beans, celery, barley
and seasoning.  These are done up in smaller bags
because the water or broth to make it soupy 
hasn't been added yet til I make for a supper.

(1)  Deer Stroganoff.
Cut up deer tenderloin, egg noodles, gravy and sour cream.

(1)  BBQ Deer Sliders.
Tenderloin cut up and bbq sauce added to it.
Serve on dinner rolls as slider sandwiches.

(1)  Deer Stew.
Deer tenderloin cut up, gravy, carrots & potatoes.

I'm taking a break for now and will wait for
the other deer tenderloins to cook in the crock pot
before making anymore meals.
I plan to make 2 meals of deer & rice burritos
served with picante sauce and shredded cheddar cheese
then 1 meal of open faced deer tenderoin with gravy
served over Texas garlic toast and mashed potatoes.
And I'm not sure what I'll make with the
rest of the deer just yet.
More meals not deer related that I'll bag up and
freeze will be spaghetti with sauce
and cut up smoked sausage.
Will try to make 2-3 meals of that.

I'm am finding that by making the meals ahead of time
we spend less time and money at the store.
And on those evening when I'm very tired
we won't be tempted to go eat out somewhere
when all I have to do is pull a bag from the freezer
and warm it up!  Plus who wants to spend everyday
standing in the kitchen preparing meals?
Do it once and be done with it for awhile!
Plus if you get sick like I do, the family
always has a homemade meal to warm up.

Now, I need to go find a few more recipes
to use this extra deer tenderloin in, lol.

Oh, and I forgot to mention some desserts in there,
Lava Crock Pot Cake and Angel Lush Cake.
I found 2 angel food cakes at Kroger for .99 cents each.


Got my stove all tore apart and cleaned up.
I took out the burners and pans that had burnt on food.
If you have hard to clean casserole dishes, crocks or pans
I have found that when you soak them, add a dryer sheet
to the water.  This helps to remove all the gunk on the sides
with less soaking time.  Hubby was upset one time
when he went to do dishes and found a dish of some sort
with crusty baked on food that would not come
clean no matter how hard he scrubbed.
He started to put water in it to soak when I threw in
a fabric softener sheet.  He thought I was nuts
til a little while later the gunk wiped right out!!

Time to go down to the dungeon and work on laundry
and get that all ready for back to school tomorrow.
I've been working on it throughout the week
to lighten up my weekends when I would usually
do it all at once.  When it's warm outside
I don't want to be stuck in the basement doing laundry
on the weekends!


12:50pm


Alrighty then I got a load of laundry hung up and
brought upstairs and put away, a load in the dryer
and the last load put in the washer.
After that I might wash a few blankets, towels and sheets
and hang them outside to dry before any rain
decides to touch down around here.
Right now I'm working on the kids lunch,
boiling up 2 pounds of spaghetti for freezer meals.
Monday's are supposed to be my day off, HUH!  LOL.
Looks like this week it will be Tuesday with
the holiday thrown in there.
Hubby's working today since he took Friday off instead.


2:10pm


Another load of laundry brought upstairs and put away.
Another load in the dryer and a load of
blankets, towels and sheets in the washer.

I made up a couple spaghetti meals for the freezer.
That makes 10 meals I made today so far
or a week and a half's worth.
Starting to wear out.




6:35pm


Hubby's working til about 6:30pm which
sucks because he won't get
overtime because of the holiday.

Anyways I got supper done for me and the boys.
I made bbq tenderloin sliders.
I cut open some dinner rolls and placed them
on a cookies sheet, topped half with bbq deer
and a quarter slice of cheese
and on the other half I spread some butter
and seasoned with garlic powder.


As a side to go with the sliders I made 
a double batch of cheesy broccoli rice.
One batch I added cut up deer tenderloin to
for burritos.



I made 11 freezer meals today
along with snacks, lunch and supper
and 4 loads of laundry.
I'm whipped!




No comments:

Post a Comment