Tuesday, September 17, 2013

9-17-13

10:55am


Went to the BMV and got a duplicate license.
Cost me $25, ugghh.
Don't ya just love those extra expenses
that come up out the blue sometimes
when you least expect it?!
Why does it seem like when you don't have much money
that's when you need it the most?!

Another expense is that I needed to find my step-dad
a birthday gift that I almost forgot about.
His birthday is tomorrow.
Me and mom went to a thrift store today
and I was in search of a gift for him.
This is what I got him, 
an OSU Snuggie $2.92.

I also found hubby a couple of Christmas gifts
at the thrift store.  That money
will come out of our Christmas savings account.
This is a Fiskars bucket tool caddy.
It fits around a 5 gallon bucket and has
pockets on the inside and out.
I thought hubby could use something like this
at work or home for his tools with all those pockets.
Cost was $2.92.
Goes for about $25 to $40 new!

A Shaitsu Massager cushion $8.98.
It has rotating balls
that go up and down the middle of the cushion.
They go for around $85 to $199 new!



And lastly I splurged and got me this tote
with a rubber sealed lid for $2.92.
I find bags of flour marked down at Kroger and snatch them
up all the time.  I wanted a large container
to store most of my flour in to keep it fresh
and to keep out any lil bugs.
So far I have put three 4-5 pound bags of flour
in it and think it will hold one more for
a total of 4 bags.  This container now
holds all my whole wheat flour.
Wish they'd of had another one so
I could of stored my sugar in it.


3:20pm


I was so tired and stressed out last night
that after me and hubby's walk I came home,
uploaded a few photos and sent Chris Bradley of
channel 10 news two of those photos.
I didn't set my DVR so have no clue
if my sunset photo made it on there last night.
I was just too tired to get back up to do it.
Chris Bradley gets MANY photos on his Facebook page,
MANY that he does not post.
I know because I look at them all to check
out how everyone else photographs the
weather and to learn how to take better pictures.
This morning I awoke to see he posted my sunset photo
on his Facebook page.  And just now I saw that
he also posted my moon photo from last night!
That's 5 pictures I've sent him that he's posted,
one that I know of made it on the news.
Bill Kelly of channel 6 posted one of my pictures
on the news also.

I like this sunset photo because it was out
of my ordinary of taking scenic nature sunset photos.
We had just left the park and were on our way
home when I noticed that the sun looked
enormous last night for whatever reason.
Very blinding driving into it!
Yeah I'm guilty of taking many pictures while
I'm driving.  Most of the time I just hold the camera
up and snap photos all while keeping a hand
on the steering wheel and my eyes on the road.
And yeah my camera pretty much sits in my
lap or hangs from my neck ready for the next shot while driving.
I have learned with picture taking that you can
take about a hundred photos and only 
get a handful of really good ones.
That is normal for professional photographers as well.


Sometimes I challenge myself to get certain photos.
Like I would love to get some of lightning
and sun rays.
I have a hard time taking photos of the moon
that are somewhat clear with clouds around it.
Last night was the perfect opportunity for that
photo with the clouds that were reflecting the
reds and oranges of the sun setting.

Hubby thinks I should take photography classes.
I don't know if I could keep up with others
figuring out the gazillion different setting on a camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment