Sunday, September 8, 2013

9-8-13

8:25am


It seems as though I went non stop yesterday
and didn't get a chance to work on the blog.

Picked mom up at 8:45am and we went
to a neighborhood yard sale.
Spent like 2.5 hours there!
It wasn't like I came home with a truck full of stuff
because I had to watch what I spent.

I've been wanting some pants/jeans but can't
find the kind I like within reason at the thrift store.
I found me 4 pairs of jeans (I guess now a days
they call these skinny jeans) and a pair of jean shorts.
Arizona & Mudd brands.  All .25 cents each!

6 t-shirts for my son .25 cents each.
Nike baseball, Nike basketball, Nike silky sports shirt,
2 Stewie shirts and a News flash I don't care shirt.
(my son is wearing the 2nd stewie shirt in another photo.


I got my other son this Ohio State thermal shirt .25 cents
and 4 long sleeve thin shirts for $1.00
for the Fall weather.


I think I'm pretty much done with getting school clothes
that the boys needed.  
I spent about $24 on all their clothes, including my clothes
and a new pair of $26 Adidas tennis shoes.
So about $50 spent all together.
-10 t-shirts
-5 polo shirts
-5 lightweight long sleeve shirts
-5 pairs of socks
-4 pairs of jeans
-1 pair of shorts
-1 pair Adidas tennis shoes

I did splurge yesterday and bought me this
hanging chair for the carport.
Was $15 marked down to $7.50
and bought it for $6.50!
I know at that price it was a steal!
I've seen these hanging chairs on HGTV for a pretty penny.
It is a vintage chair from I think the 1960's.



Mom always says if I see something at a sale
for the boys or hubby to let her know
so she can get it for them for a Christmas present.
Well yesterday I spotted a couple smokers.
Hubby has been wanting a smoker.
This one had a price sticker of $10 on it.
I wheeled and dealed on it and mom paid $5.00 for it!!
It will smoke 50 pounds worth of meat.


After the sales mom took me to White Castle for lunch
then we came home.
Wasn't home long when me and hubby went to
the Kroger near his work and got some pop
and then went on a walk at Antrim Park.
Once back home from that I started supper.
I made pot pie casserole topped with biscuits.
2 pkgs country gravy mix,
2 cups water, 
(make this up first on the stove before adding
other ingredients),
cut up chicken breast,
1 small can of carrots & peas.
1 box of frozen peas (steamed in microwave)
Mixed all together, put in casserole dish
and topped with canned biscuits.
Baked 350 degrees for about 12 minutes.
This made a double batch so the leftovers, minus the biscuits,
will be freezer bagged up for a Chicken Ala King meal.


It seems like I no sooner got supper made and ate
that hubby wanted to go for another walk
at a park nearby.  We got to see a couple deer
bounding across the pathway and in the woods.
Got home in time for hubs to watch his NASCAR race.
Me, I threw one load of laundry in the washer.
It was the only load I had to do this weekend, woo hoo,
because I've been doing it throughout the week.
I was pretty much whipped after that and went
to bed around 9pm!


10:15am


I had a bunch of eggs after getting a dozen free with
a Kroger coupon so decided to make up some
omelettes this morning for breakfast.
I threw in some bell peppers from my garden
and real bacon bits and cheddar cheese.
For a side dish I had a partial bag of tater tots
that I cut and fried up to make hash browns with.
Any leftover hash browns will be used in 
a tater tot casserole.  Leftovers don't go to waste around here!



2:45pm


Me and hubby went to Alum Creek Reservoir and walked
the dam.  Something neither of us has done before.
I know it seems like we go to a lot of places each week and walk.
It's exercise to us and we like the different scenery.
It helps with our backs, legs, knees, hips
and whatever other joint or muscle pain we have.
We started with daily walks ever since I had
gotten to the point one time where I could barely walk
from hip and back pain.
Ever since then I have had no problems with
my joints!

Just got back home and in the next hour will be working
on supper.  Thinking about making Chili Dog Casserole.
Dump one can of chili (I'm using no beans chili
because one child does not like beans)
into the bottom of a casserole dish.
Wrap hot dogs with flour tortillas and place
them seam side down on the chili.
Dump another can of chili on top of the
hot dogs and sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bake.
Any leftover chili from the casserole will
be used in making Chili Mac.




No comments:

Post a Comment