Tuesday, September 24, 2013

9-23-13

8:10AM


Brrr, a little chilly this morning.
Have yet to turn the furnace on but
I did go out and warm the truck a few
minutes before leaving this morning.


I've got a crock pot going with some
water, chicken boullion, a little onion soup mix
and some chicken gizzards.
In two other smaller crocks (not turned on)
I have beans soaking.
One has red kidney and pinto beans for some chili.
In the other crock soaking is
pinto & great northern beans and lentils
for some ham and bean soup.
Oh, I also added a little baking soda to the
beans while they are soaking.
It helps to soften them and is supposed
to make the beans cause less gas and bloating
after eating them.

I have all kinds of beans and rice stored in the basement
pantry so figured why not turn those into some meals
or even freezer meals.


3:00pm


I don't know if cooler weather is to blame
or what but my lower backs, hips, legs
and legs sockets of all things are hurting pretty good at the moment.
I'm about ready to go take me a very hot bath.
Out comes a freezer meal for supper
because I don't want to stand too much in the
kitchen preparing it tonight.
I'll be having rice & shredded deer burritos
with salsa and shredded cheese.
While the deer and rice just needs to be warmed
up I still need to wrap it in flour tortillas
and put the toppings on them.
Still a big time saver!

While baking my burritos I made up a couple
batches of whole wheat noodles.
Homemade noodles are so easy to make
and for these I didn't use a pasta maker or cutter.
1 cup flour (all purpose or whole wheat)
1 egg
couple dashes of salt
seasoning if desired (ex. garlic powder)
2 tablespoons water.
Mix together.
I just pinched off about a couple tablespoons of
dough once made and rolled it around
and pressed it out with my palm and fingers on the counter.
I then picked it up and cut off strips
with a pair of scissors and placed the pasta
on a cooling rack.  Once dry I put in the refrigerator
til tomorrow when I'll boil them up in some
homemade chicken broth and then will add
some of my precooked cut up chicken breasts
I have in the freezer.

Hubby has the on call emergency pager this week.
It's always so stressful the week of having it
but we have to remind ourselves that it's
more money in the bank.
He gets a $25 gas check for the week of on call
plus any over time.  They've been getting stricter
with overtime so he may only be allowed 10 hours
of it.  Any more than that they send him home
early at the end of the pay period.

I've been trying to save up some money to 
put in the bank and hopefully this weekend
we'll have another run to the scrap metal place.
So far I've saved up the money from fixing our
friend's dryer, money from taking a kid to
and from the bus stop and money from
some kind of refund that our mail order
pharmacy sent us.  So far I've saved up $82.43
plus whatever we get at the scrap place to go in the bank.

Our insurance said the mail order company overcharged us
for some prescriptions  So far it's been from prescriptions
for hubby and one child.
I keep having my fingers crossed that they'll
reimburse me $100 for my prescription
that went up that much the last time I got it.
So far no such luck.
I keep hoping it was an error but who knows.


8:25pm


Went over to hubby's work.
I guess they had a resident who skipped out
on their apartment and left a few things behind.
I got a truck full.  Mostly cleaning, bathroom items,
curtains and rods, a mini rose plant, aloe vera plant 
(something I've been wanting!), a 5 pound box of oatmeal!, etc.  Most of it is still in the truck
because I don't feel like messing with it tonight.
I'm just glad the acetaminophin I took earlier
has taken the edge off the pain I'm having.
Don't want to push it any further tonight.




No comments:

Post a Comment