Sunday, September 22, 2013

9-22-13

2:45pm


Still doing our daily walks.
The cold weather is trying to move in
and I'm noticing my back and hips hurting more
no matter how much I walk.
Come the much colder weather is when
I'll start taking all my vitamins, fish oil,
extra vitamin D & C, everything to help
with body aches and preventing sickness like colds
and flu.  As soon as the kids started back to school
I started them back on their multi vitamins and minerals
and zinc/echinacea/vitamin D supplements.
It seemed to help LOTS last year with
colds and flus which can spread around schools 
like wild fire and then spread through families at home.


3:40pm


Time to start making supper.
I had an extra package of hot dogs to use up.
I suggested some chili dogs.
I had an extra can of no beans chili to use.
The kids are tired of eating hot dogs this weekend
so had to come up with a plan B.
In a large skillet I boiled up some water
then added about 6 slice hot dogs
and a box of tube style pasta.
Let it boil til the pasta was tender then drain.
Add in some butter, a can of no beans chili
and some velveeta cheese for 
some Chili Cheese Dog Mac with slices of bread & butter.

For dessert I mixed up a small box of
vanilla pudding and a small box of
pumpkin spice pudding with 4 cups milk.
In a casserole dish I dumped a bag
of nilla wafers into it then poured the 
pudding on top and put into fridge.
I'll have to check to see if I have
some cool whip to put on top.

Today has been a throw together a meal kinda day
with whatever I could find in the pantry.

For breakfast I made spam, egg and cheese
sandwiches on toast.


One child is hollering he is cold.
I ain't turning on the furnace just yet til you can
see your breath outside, lol.
Don't tell me you are cold in this house without
first putting on socks, a long sleeve shirt or sweater
and some pants!
Now we did test the furnace for a couple of 
minutes today to make sure there were no problems.
Gotta love that burnt dust smell, lol.
You don't want to find out your furnace
doesn't work when you need it the most!
Same goes for your air conditioner.
Don't wait til it's 90 degrees outside to run it
for the first time.  Do it in the Spring
when it gets 65-70 degrees outside.


Yesterday me and hubs stopped in Big Lots
to get some cheap spray paint to redo the fenders
on my bicycle.  I know the areas of Big Lots
that has mark downs.  I found a couple boxes of 
Betty Crocker (full size) hot chocolate cake mixes for 
.25 cents each!!  
It's a little over 3 month before Christmas and let me tell ya
that Big Lots has Christmas trees and decorations
out on display already!!! AHHHH!
After Big Lots we stopped in Kroger 
and at the checkout I saw even more Christmas stuff.
I swear each year it gets earlier and earlier 
that stores start putting out Christmas stuff!


We went for our walk earlier at a new place
called Kenney Park.  I like places where you can
walk along water.  Here you can walk 
some homemade dirt trails along the Olentangy River.
After supper and the NASCAR race
we might head out for another walk.
Me and hubby got our housework done this
weekend between tidying up, sweeping floors,
dusting, dishes, cleaning the kitchen and bath,
taking out the trash and the laundry.
Plus had a little doodle time in there to work
on bikes and tinker cars.


4:44pm


Fall is officially here!
I like Fall and all the colors that comes with it.
I don't like the colder temps and what comes after it!









No comments:

Post a Comment