Tuesday, September 3, 2013

9-3-13

7:20am


Well I am going to assume that the bumps
I have that are itchy aren't bug bites.
I've come to the conclusion I have touched
a plant or plants that my skin does not like.
I can't say it's poison ivy because you can
come in contact with numerous plants
and get an allergic reaction to them.
That's what poison ivy is, an allergic reaction on your skin.
I have, whatever it is, along my jawline creeping 
up to my cheekbones, on my forehead and forearms.
I haven't had poison ivy for about 8 years
and the last time it was from pulling weeds out
front of our apartment in my flower bed.  Eventually I had to go
see doc about it.  I ain't running to no doc at the moment
and will continue with my baking soda paste.
My try to mix it up with a little vinegar instead of
water next time I apply it on the rash.
When showering I can use a grease fighting 
liquid dish soap or Fels Naptha (bar soap
for laundry) to wash with.  It helps to remove
the poisonous plant oils off your skin.


8:35am


Just got done paying all my bills for the month.
It wasn't fun considering I had a few extras this
that I don't normally have every month.
Let's see we had an eye doctor bill, 
prescription medicine, the water bill,
& escrow shortage bill.
That's $630 more this month I had to pay
on top of regular bills, UGHHH!
Feeling a little woozy.
4-5 months to go til tax time.
This is the time of year it starts getting rough with money
around here and then comes all the holidays.
Oh goody, jumping for joy.


9:15am


I shredded up a bunch of potatoes,
a half of a large onion and now have them
boiling on the stove in water with
a little lemon juice (keeps them from turning
brown when you freeze them.)
I don't cook them completely, maybe about 3/4ths of the way
done because I don't want them mushy.
Same way with the pasta I boil up because
I know it will absorb some of the sauce I mix with them.
Drain, cool and squeeze any excess water out of them.
As for me I just dumped them in a strainer
and left it sit, cool and drain for a couple hours that way.
I like to add some italian dressing and cheese to the freezer
bag when making hash for the freezer.
The last batch I did and fried up turned out really good that way.
More freezer meals in the making, lol.
I'll do one meal as deer hash and another
I'll just leave the hash browns as is
and use for a breakfast type meal for supper.



I just feel like I've got to stock the freezer with meals
to last us awhile at least through most of the Winter.
When money gets tight you don't want to worry
about where your next meal is gonna come from.
There's been times I could only afford the necessities 
like bread from the store and I'm planning ahead this time around!
I think once I get through making meals
with the deer I might make up a few pizzas
using the bread machine to make the dough.
Don't have any pizza sauce though so in it's
place I'll use either BBQ sauce or ranch dressing.
I don't have any meat topping so will just use
cheese right now.  Maybe later on when I do bake
the pizzas I will have some leftover meat and veggies of some
sort to put on them.


3:10pm


Working on another batch of hash brown potatoes
and onions for the freezer.  This batch will probably
be divided up between quart sized zip bags
because I don't want to use it as the whole meal,
only as a side dish.


4:30pm


For supper we're having open faced deer tenderloin.
I took the broth from making the last batch of deer
tenderloin and added 1 can of beef gravy to it
along with some flour to thicken it up.
I'm toasting up some Texas garlic toast in the oven
and will pour the shredded up tenderloin gravy over top the toast
and mashed potatoes.
I remember having something like this at Bob Evans.
That's where I got the idea from.




I did another round of baking soda paste on my face.
It seems like this stuff is spreading and my face
is NOT where I want it to be!
It now appears to be heading toward my lips!
Tonight I'll clean my face with the dish soap.



6:30pm


Well  I just washed my face with dish soap.
Never mind all the open pores that haven't had
a chance to shut after washing my face!
You can see some welts, spots and redness
from whatever it is I got into!
I'm usually careful about poison ivy.
My saying is, Leaves of 3 leave it be!
So my guess would be it could of been poison Sumac.





No comments:

Post a Comment