Monday, September 16, 2013

9-16-13

12:35PM


I am not having fun at all today.
I picked up mom and we went to Kroger to pick
up a couple things about 8:30am.  I didn't have my purse because I
just washed it and it's hanging on the line and
only had my wallet.  Well I realized by the time I came
straight back home from Kroger that I had no wallet.  Frantically I ripped my truck apart (never even went back in the house) 
looking for it then went back to Kroger searching and searching
and asking the service desk if anyone found it.
I even back tracked the road I went home on
in case it was on the truck and had fallen off.
I searched every shopping cart in the store
including those in use by customers,
the cart coral, parking lot, even stopped the cart guy
and asked him if he'd found it.
Ya see when I was getting ready to leave Kroger I parked
my cart right in front of the handicap sign in front
of my truck.  The cart guy immediately came over to
get it then hung out a few moments by the truck
talking to another guy that was with him
who was not an employee.  I'm thinking it
was that person who may have done it for as
fast as it happened.
I'm freaking out!
Picked mom back up and we went right to the bank
to cancel my bank card.
I told them the only purchase made on it today
was at Kroger.  They told me there was another purchase
made about 10 minutes after leaving Kroger
at the Turkey Hill gas station in the same parking
lot at Kroger.  I still had my receipt from Kroger in my pocket
to compare the time to.  I'm bawling and just so stressed
that someone did have my wallet and was
already using my bank card that freaking fast,
within 10 minutes!
Anyways my bank card was cancelled and
I'll be getting a new one this week,
I've already got another health insurance
card being sent to me and hopefully tomorrow
I'll have a duplicate license.
Went to get one today but when they asked for
certain identification to get another one,
everything they wanted was in the wallet that was stolen, DUH.
I finally asked if I could bring in a tax return
to prove who I was and they said yes.
It just doesn't make sense that you use
you license as an ID card everywhere
and the BMV can't pull it up on their computer with a photo
and description of me on it to compare
my face to it to prove who I am.

I also went over to Turkey Hill to let them know
what happened and checked all their trash cans
as recommended by the bank, for my wallet.
The bank said sometimes thieves will take
important cards out of wallets and dispose
of them in the nearest trash can.
Unfortunately all I looked like was a trash picker
and came up empty handed.

I have also called the Columbus police
and made a report since the thief has
my license and other information that could
lead to identity theft.  The bank recommended I do this.
It was all done through a computer on the phone.


2:08pm


Columbus police contacted me.  They said due
to the area I was in where my wallet was stolen
that they cannot do anything about it that
I will have to contact the sheriff's office
and make a report through them.
Oh goody, something else to do today.

I woke up very tired today and didn't get a nap.
And to think I was just going to make a quick
run to the store this morning, come home
and lay back down, yeah right.
When I paid for my groceries this morning I thought wow
$6.61 that was close to being evil.
I guess it was close enough and I didn't
need the extra .05 cents to go with it
to make my day go horribly wrong.


I did find some mark downs today.
3 bags of wooden skewers for .40 cents a bag.
Those are nice to use with making cookie or cake pops
on a stick instead of buying sucker sticks.
I also got 2 bags of couscous for .30 cents each.
I've never had it or made it before but when
food is cheap I'm willing to give it a whirl
and see what I can make with it.
I was thinking soup.  It kinda reminds me of barley.
Couscous is a coarsely ground pasta
made from semolina wheat.








No comments:

Post a Comment