Tuesday, July 9, 2013

7-9-13

8:05am


Sitting here trying to figure out what to have for supper tonight.
So I go to google and start typing in
some ingredients I have to see what recipes pop up.
I think I'll make 
with some tweaks.
I'll use a chicken breast instead of canned chicken.
A packet of onion soup mix instead of a chopped onion.
Don't have velveeta style cheese or cream of
mushroom soup but do have a can of
broccoli and cheese soup.
Add in some frozen broccoli.
I'll boil my rice in some chicken broth to give it more flavor.
And will top off the casserole with
some stuffing mixed with a little butter and seasoning.


8:50am


Went out and hand pollinated a couple of
zucchinis.  Usually done in the morning when their flowers
bloom, you take a male flower on a long
stem, cut it off it's stem and then cut away the flower petal to expose it's insides.
Find the female flowers which usually have
baby zucchinis underneath them.
Dab the insides of the female flowers
with the insides of the male flowers.
I've lost a couple zucchinis because they
are not getting pollinated enough and I think
it's from not having enough bees visiting
due to all this rain we've been having.
I think it's been 14 days straight with rain.
Plus I've been having to snip off some yellowing
or dying leaves due to plants getting too much water.


12:35pm


I had to lay back down and take
a refresher nap this morning.
Got up and made grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch
and are now trying to work up to going down in
the basement yet again.

Weather.com says it's 87 degrees outside
and feels like 94 degrees.
I had to turn the ac down a few degrees.
I had it on 78 but it wasn't feeling 
very refreshed in here so put it at 76.


1:30pm


I have never felt the need to shower so much
as I do when I go to the basement where it is yucky!
Maybe I'll go out in the rain later on with a
bar of soap and save on water.

Just took some boxes from the basement outside
and that air out there is thicker than pea soup!


2:35pm


I hate dealing with doctor bills.
I asked awhile back for the eye doctor to
resubmit their bill to our insurance 
because they submitted it as a health condition
instead of as an eye exam and our insurance
didn't cover it.  They said they would
and now I got another bill from them.
They did not resubmit it and now are
adding finance charges because I haven't paid it yet.
I don't think I've ever had a doctor's office
add any finance charges for not paying on time.
Why is it you trust someone at the doctor's office
to do something and they do not do it.

Then yesterday I got a bill collector statement
from a bill that was 2 years ago!!
It listed the doctor's office group name and address
and it was a place we had never been to.

It's 90 degrees outside and feels like 98 degrees.
The air is so thick and humid.
Hoping the rain gets here soon and
washes it out of the air.


3:52pm


After the rain it went from 90 to 80 degrees.
Some relief.








No comments:

Post a Comment