Monday, July 8, 2013

7-8-13

8:05am


So the weatherman said last night we've had
about 12 days with rain so far.
Went to bed with thunderstorms,
woke up this morning around 3:25am to thunderstorms
and it was raining when I got up around 6:30am
and is still raining now.
so that makes 13 days straight of rain.
The humidity that's been coming with it sucks!
High of 86 degrees today.
Can't win.  It's either stupid hot with a drought
or humid as heck with lots of rain.
Rainbow at 6:55am this morning.


So far this morning I don't feel much humidity
and it feels cooler outside 
so I opened up windows and have fans
blowing some cool air in here.
Got the house to go from 79 degrees,
where I have the ac set at, to 76 degrees.


1:15pm


Temperature and humidity rose to 79 degrees
so on went the air conditioner.
Sweating my patootie off!
I finally made my way to the basement to 
start weeding it out more.
5 years of crap in the making that needs
to go bye bye!
And 9 years of stuff before that, that we 
moved in here with us and put down there.
I'd say in an hour's time I have managed
to bring up 6 boxes or totes to go out.
I need a break as my back is broke
from carrying everything upstairs.
This is why I have not got the basement done over
the years.  It wears me out doing it by myself!
I don't really want the kids down there
or else nothing would get thrown out.
I've been down that road before.
They want to save everything it seems
so I'd rather do it myself.


I got an IM from my oldest son asking us if we would
come visit him at his campsite.  He's on vacation
and is camping all week.  That probably would have been ok
had he been at his campsite these past four days
we've been off.  But now it's back to work with
probably mandatory overtime.  This weekend
the Good Guys car show is in town and we
always go check out the cars.
Then next week my hubby has the on call emergency pager.
So I wonder when he would of thought we could just up
and go visit him during an evening when it's
an 80 mile round trip with a 2 hour round trip drive.
Oh and by the way my brake lights on my truck
are acting up working when they want
so I'm not taking any chances of driving it anywhere
for fear of getting a ticket!
I know what the problem is but don't
have the strength to fix it.
It needs a piece shoved on there to hold the
brake light switch in place.  Finding a man with
the strength and tiny hands to fit up underneath
the dash is hard to come by.


7:45pm


I just read this news article-
Calamity Day Rules Change for Ohio Schools.
Now they are wanting to go by hours instead of days.
To me I don't think it really matters either way.
When they tack on extra school days at the end
of a school year from calamity days it's not 
like the kids are learning a whole lot during that time.
They are goofing off, getting ready for Summer break,
cleaning out desks/lockers, having parties and watching movies.


Hubby just mowed the grass in a few sprinkles.
Getting hard to keep up with the grass that's
growing like weeds.
It seems like ya just mow it and it's time to mow it again.


8:45pm


Just went back down to the dungeon to do another round
of weeding out.  I'm wore out!











No comments:

Post a Comment