Friday, July 12, 2013

7-12-13

7:05am


Creak, crack, groan goes my whole body which
is hurting pretty good today.
I think today if I work on the basement I'm just
going to start stacking boxes to go out down there
for the time being til someone is able to help
me carry them out.  It's way too much for one
person to carry such heavy loads and do it
17 times in one day.  That's how many trips
I made out of the basement yesterday.
Sure most were smaller boxes but some were still heavy.
I have a mixture of things down there from kids toys
to boxes of paperwork, old bills and office stuff to
nick knacks, kitchen stuff, seasonal clothes, bedding, 
small and larger furniture, my pantry, 
holiday items, you name it.
We have a small house so everything seems
to go to the full sized basement to make room upstairs.
Plus when we first moved here a bunch
of stuff made it's way to the basement because
I was the only one who pretty much packed up our last
place to move and didn't feel like going through
everything before packing it up so it all ended up
following us here.


As if I don't have enough plans in store for this week/weekend.
Hubby's mom calls last night and tells him
his family reunion is this weekend!
Uh, were not we just up there a week ago
visiting them and absolutely nothing was
said about it and now you tell us a day before?!
And I'm sure people knew about this awhile now.
I do not think we'll be attending considering
we have made plans already!


8:30am


I am one step ahead this morning.
I got a crock pot of spaghetti sauce going for
some lasagna for supper.
I don't have any jarred spaghetti sauce so
had to make some with ingredients I had on hand.
2 cans tomato soup,
1 can diced tomatoes with juice,
1 packet spaghetti sauce mix,
Mrs. Dash garlic & herb seasoning,
1 pound ground sausage.



9:35am


So I found a brownie mix when cleaning the basement.
It's one of those Betty Crocker
Hershey brownie cookie mixes.
I'm going to try and make
Slow Cooker Chocolate Lava Cake out of it.



I'm mixing together the brownie and cookie mix packets.
Then will top with the pudding mix, no additional chocolate chips
because there is some in the cookie mix.
I spooned the pudding mix over top the brownie mix
and then added dollups of chocolate ice cream topping on top.
Since I'm starting this early in the morning
I'll set the crock pot on low instead of high.



I love using crock pots in the Summer to keep
the heat down in the house when making meals!
I also love them for family gatherings
and making a bunch of freezer meals at once.
I have 2 large oval crocks, 1 large round crock,
3 medium oval crocks and 2 small round crocks, LOL!

Now onto something grosser but something
I'm sure everyone deals with at some time or another...
fruit flies!  Ughhh!  I got them this time around
when we got a bag of oranges.  A lot of time
fruit flies lay their eggs on the produce before it
reaches stores.  By the time you buy it and bring
it home they hatch and you have a bunch of
them flying around your kitchen.
I have a little trick of getting rid of them.

Get a plastic bottle that's curved at the top
such as a 2 liter or 20 ounce water or pop bottle.
In this case I used a Gatorade bottle.
Cut the bottle in half.  Turn the top of the bottle
over and place it inside the bottom half of the bottle.
Tape around the sides.
Pour a little apple cider vinegar into it
and add a piece of fruit or vegetable.
I used a piece of zucchini and some pieces
of cut up onion.  You could also use pieces of fruit.
Place it somewhere around your sink, at least
that's where the fruit flies here like to hang out.
The fruit fries are attracted to the vinegar and
vegetable or fruit smell.  They can crawl into
the funnel shaped bottle top but they cannot
crawl out!

Side view.

Top view.

Does it work?  You tell me!
View of bottom of bottle.


12:00pm


Well I went down to the dungeon again and 
started going through more things.
Not having fun.
Getting ready to bring another load of towels
up and hang on the clothesline to dry.


12:35pm


My oldest son IM's me saying his temperature
thing in his truck wasn't working right.
This is the gadget in some vehicles that tells
you the outside temperature.  
Not a necessity only an accessory for a vehicle.
Says he spent $25 to get a new part to make it work right.
He hasn't IM'ed me back when I told him,
you're looking to rent a place and you consider
this a priority?! This worries me with them getting
a place to rent.  They don't have a whole lot of money
and need to figure out how to save money for bills
and not on things that are unimportant or toys!
I don't have money to bail them out if they
would get this place and get behind with bills!
Then I told him one other time that as of
January 1, 2014 he will be required to 
take out health insurance at work.
Giving him a heads up to start planning his
bills ahead of time.  Did he respond to that message?
NO!  Doesn't want to listen to the reality of
being on his own.  There's more to it than just
paying rent and utilities.


2:00pm


Well I got another 3-5 more totes/boxes filled to go out.
Got everything stacked and sitting in a pile in the basement.
I'm not breaking my back today!
Getting tired of killing spiders and seeing them everywhere, lol.
Might go lay down and rest for a few before hubby gets home
in a couple of hours.
I work in the basement here and there.
It's better than nothing.
Hubby's going to want to go check out all the hot rods
at the hotels tonight when they all come back
from the Good Guys car show.  I need rested up
some before that.

Hubby called and said he had some scrap metal
to take in tomorrow morning.
He said it would help pay for the costs 
of him wanting to take us to National Trail Raceway tomorrow
which isn't exactly cheap for tickets
then add in the cost of gas, food, pop and ice for the cooler.
He knew I wasn't too happy about the expense of going
so I guess he's found a way to recoup the costs
so I'll give him credit for that.


6:20pm


Well here we go soon.
Just got done eating.  Feel a migraine coming on.
It always starts with blurred vision so I quickly
popped a couple tylenol.  If I do this as soon
as the blurred vision starts then I can almost
stop the migraine within the next half hour!
Next stop Kroger to get food and drink for
the trip out to the racetrack tomorrow.
Then from Kroger we're going over to the
hotels to sit along the roadway to watch
the cars parade up and down the road til who knows
when.   Tomorrow getting up early to go
to the scrap yard.  Then from the scrap yard
to the racetrack.  Never ending.
As long as I have a supply of tylenol I should be
good.  Might even get some ibuprofen if
the pain is too much.  At least it's not stupid hot outside
like last year.  That was horrible!!












No comments:

Post a Comment