Tuesday, July 2, 2013

7-2-13

7:35am


I've had a rough night sleeping.
I woke up in the middle of the night with acid
reflux so bad it wakes you up to the point of puking.
Horrible I tell ya.  I'm gulping down the last two
slurps of milk and chewing on some tums.

Got up at 6:30am as usual during the Summer.
I'm not a morning person and need a couple hours
and glasses of caffeine to wake up.
I've been to the bathroom three times this
morning and have stomach pains.
Pains so bad I look like I'm doing lamaze
breathing techniques til they pass or I pass out.

Now my one son on the other hand pops
right up outta bed and starts cleaning WITHOUT being asked to!!
He swept and mopped the kitchen floor
and is now in his bedroom cleaning it.
Got the vacuum going at this hour of the morning.
Now as a mom I know something is up.
This is NOT normal around here.
Can't wait to see what he wants as a result
of his cleaning because I know it's not
because I haven't been feeling well.

Then there is hubby who did a number that
he's never done before.
He was in bed when I went to bed.
I stopped by the potty first and he had woke up
and went to the kitchen.  I figured he forgot to
take his meds and went to take them like usual.
He goes back to bed and falls back asleep.
I lay down for a few then decide to 
get up to grab something to drink in the kitchen.
On the stove is a skillet of pasta with very little water
turned up to medium high and boiling away.
 WTF?!
I went in and immediately woke hubby up 
and scowled at him that he could have burnt
the house down!!
He does not remember making any pasta
let alone opening up the pasta bag I just bought
to make pasta salad for the 4th of July cookout.
He knew I had plans for it.
He still does not remember doing it 
after reminding him this morning
and showing him the skillet with the pasta in it.
Don't know if he was sleep walking or what
but the whole situation kinda freaked me out.
What if I hadn't got back up to get something
to drink and had gone to sleep?!
Luckily I had got up and it didn't get that far to find out!
We do have something called Firestop Stovetops
that we installed on the underside of our stove hood
a couple years ago and have a fire extinguisher.
The Firestops have magnets on them that attach to the hood.


Below is a video of how the Firestop Stovetops work.


-----


11:20am


Well I got the bills all done and ready for the mailman.
Actually came in just a little under budget.
How I don't know because the electric bill
was kinda high because of using the air conditioner.
With decent temperatures outside
I've not had the air conditioner running
for about the past 4-5 days trying to cut back.
But I do have fans running everywhere.
Much cheaper than the AC!
I'll turn the AC back on when it gets over
80 degrees inside our home.


9:45pm


Hubby worked late again today.
Once he got home we went to his friend's house
out in Groveport.  It was nice to get out of the house
but I looked like a zombie bobble head the whole
way out there.  I ate supper before we left
At times I really don't feel like eating
because of stomach cramps, diarrhea and
some major bloating.
But hubby insists I eat and drink to keep my potassium up
and to keep from getting dehydrated, so I do then I end 
up looking like I'm in my third trimester
bloated so bad that he thinks he should
take me to a hospital because my stomach
doesn't look right and is puffed out way too much.
I don't dare wear any clothing that 
is clingy at times like these.
I'm all about elastic pants and very large t-shirts.

Anyways, we stop by Kroger on the way
home to stock up on drinks for the rest of the week.
They have 32 ounce Gatorade on sale for .75 cents.
Now mind you I just saw them at a convenience
store for $2.39 each!
Well I picked up some coupons awhile
back at a convenience store for Gatorade
because I know I could use them at Kroger
where they would double.
Buy 2 Gatorades for $1.50
minus $1.00 coupon made it .50 cents for 2
or .25 cents each.
I got 6 Gatorades for hubby to take to work for lunches.
They are great for him to drink to keep
hydrated in the heat when he has to work or be outdoors.
I still have about 3 more coupons to use
whenever I go back to Kroger again.



No comments:

Post a Comment