Monday, July 15, 2013

7-15-13

8:15am


I feel as though I've been hit by a Mac truck!
My whole body is aching this morning
from all the running around we did this weekend.

Trying to keep the heat down in the house
because we're supposed to get some warmer
temperatures this week in the low to mid 90's
so are working on a couple crock pot meals.
I got a package of 4 chicken leg quarters ($2.36)
going in the crock with some chicken boullion and a little water.
Once they are cooked
I'll skin and remove the bones
and save two of the chicken leg quarters for another meal.
I'll save the broth and put it in the fridge so the fat
will harden and I can remove it tomorrow
for maybe some homemade chicken noodle soup.
with broken up spaghetti to look like the noodles
you find in a can of chicken noodle soup.
Then I'm going to load up the crock pot again
and make Cheesy Chicken Tater Tot Casserole.
My tweaks are that I'll be using 
meat from chicken leg quarters instead of chicken breasts.
I don't have any bacon bits.
And I'll be adding in a can of cream of chicken soup
mixed with a packet of onion soup mix.
The other day I accidentally opened up a can
of cream of chicken soup thinking it was
chicken noodle soup so that is why I am
making this recipe, to use up that opened can of soup.


While that's cooking I'll work on some laundry
and bringing up some more totes out of the basement
to go out.  The tylenol has kicked in enough
to hopefully get some more things done around here.
And now that I have more room under the carport
I'm ready to fill it up once again with crap out
of our basement.  Hopefully hubby can help
me load the truck tonight and we can dump it
at his work when we go to close the pools this evening.


9:50am


Wore out!!
I just lugged up 7 totes, scratch that,
7 HEAVY totes out of the basement
along with 2 fake trees, a couple of bean bag chairs,
3 pieces of foam bedding stuff and a pole lamp.
Now to haul them all outside, ahhhh.
Then this evening load up a complete truck full of stuff
and then dump it.
My back ought to feel real good.


12:45pm


Yup, still working on the basement and going
through each and every box.

I ran across a bunch of check stubs from scrapping metal in 2006!  That was the best year for us and brought back a lot of memories.
We lived at hubby's work renting an apartment
and that year they decided to replace all the furnaces,
like about 800+ of them!
We had the furnace installers bring us every furnace
that summer and set them right outside
our apartment in the parking lot.
We spent every night and weekend for several months
scrapping those furnaces and made at least $6,700!!
I'm sure there are more check stubs that I haven't run across yet.
No we didn't have a fun filled Summer that year
since we spent it at home
working our butts off in the blazing sun.
Then on top that hubby worked his normal work week.
Our best metal scrap for one week was $976.14!!!
Ah, those were the days.  And to think
the price of scrap metal has gone up much more now.
Brass back then was .80 cents a pound and
I think right now it's $1.60 a pound!

These are some of the check stubs
from the scrap metal place I found...
And that my friends is how we were able
to save up to eventually buy a house in mid 2008.



----










No comments:

Post a Comment