Thursday, July 11, 2013

7-11-13

7:35am


So I am at the store yesterday and picked up
a few ingredients to make some lasagna with
for supper tonight like mozarella and cottage cheese.
I get home and realize I forgot to get spaghetti sauce.
I'm not running back to the store so need to put
on my thinking cap and use something I already have.
Ok I can either use the leftover French onion dip
or I have a can of tomato soup and some
packets of spaghetti sauce mix.
I think I'll use the tomato soup for the lasagna with mix.

Now what to use some leftover French onion chip dip for.
(it was a large container)
I could add it to some mashed potatoes for one meal.
Another meal I could use some mixed with
a brown gravy packet and pour over some
baked pork chops or chicken.


I just saw on weather.com that they are calling
Seems as though we've been getting a lot of these lately,
at least 3 in the past year.

We only have a 10% chance of rain today, woo hoo,
with a high of 78 degrees.
Time to get some towels and bedding
washed up and hung out on the clothesline.
I turned off the AC after the storm rolled
through yesterday and it's been off since
with all windows open and fans going.
Seems like the storm wiped out a lot of humidity, thank goodness!

Trying to cut back on electricity usage 
and get my electric bill down some
by not using the AC as much and
hanging some things on the clothesline
and not using the dryer.
Oh and we have been turning the tv off in the living
room for most of the day until evening hours
so that has to help some considering
it's the largest tv in our home.

From the Farmer's Almanac-
A typical fan costs .01 cents an hour to run.
Room sized air conditioners run .10 to .20 cents an hour to run.
A central air conditioner can cost .60 cents to over $1.00
an hour to run depending upon size!

Trying to get up some energy to go back
down to the dungeon/basement today.
Ok let's start by taking some acetaminophin,
that might work because my body is
feeling stiff this morning.


9:15am


I just hauled 7 heavy crates of VHS tapes
out of the basement.  That's 7 trips up and down the basement
steps for starters this morning.  It's too early for this!
I am sure I'll run across more.
I ended up keeping 2 crates of VHS tapes
with home movies, favorite movies
and Disney movies.


Whelp break time is over and it's time
to go pull a load of towels out of the dryer
and haul them upstairs and out to the clothesline.
Who the heck needs a stair stepper exercise machine
when you have basement steps.
And did I mention I climbed the steps of
Hoover Dam last night as well.
Then add in all the walking we've been
doing in the evenings on nature hikes.
My legs should be in pretty good shape!


10:15am


Wearing thin already.
5 more trips up and down the stairs.
2 were some very heavy and large totes!
I usually try to do medium size containers
but are running out and have to resort to larger ones.
I also brought up 1 smaller tote and 2 TVS!
One's about a 20 inch and the other
is one of those older and larger car tv's with a VHS in it..
Still need to go down and get a pole lamp,
another box and a table, ughhh.
Then work on getting more things gone through.
Just where in the hell am I supposed to put this
stuff to go out when hubby wants to get
the TA out under the carport?!
Damned if I do and damned if I don't.
Hubby complains to me about getting the basement done
and then I have no place to put stuff when
I do go through it.
Hmmmmm.


2:35pm


My back is broke.  Time to take a time out to
see if some acetaminophin helps it.
I've been going through stuff and hauling more
crap out this whole time.
Right now I have 6 boxes of stuff 
to bring up out of the basement.
Determination is helping me to get through this.
It's so much easier to toss or donate
stuff than it is trying to figure out where to put it all.


7:30pm


My back started really hurting earlier
and I went to lay down for a couple of hours.
I think it was more like passed out, lol.
The next thing I know hubby is home.
He didn't have to work late tonight.
I didn't have supper started or nothing
so it ended up being a Little Ceaser night.
Might take the kids up to see Hoover Dam tonight.
Last night me and hubby snuck off for a moment
by ourselves so they didn't get to see the dam flowing.
I can tell ya this, I won't be walking those
dam steps tonight!!


11:20pm


Feeling the burn in the thighs and calves.
Did some walking around Hoover tonight
then went for a drive over to the hotels in the area
to see some of cars from the Good Guys Car Show
this weekend.
Tomorrow will be a repeat of today.
Then Saturday hubby wants to go to National Trail
Raceway to walk around and see the Good Guy cars
race and the Night of Thunder jet vehicles.
Running out of steam.
But I keep going because I am thankful
that I am not in a Crohn's flare feeling that pain, being miserable
and not being able to do every day things.
You go with the flow while you can
because you never know when or where it will strike you down.












No comments:

Post a Comment