Sunday, July 7, 2013

7-6-13

11:45am


I woke up about 9:45am.
We got home last night from the lake after fireworks
around 12:15am.
It rained most of yesterday up there.
But there were a few times we were able to get
out and do a few things like a couple yard sales,
the indoor flea market, the discount grocery store, fishing and 
walking around some areas of the lake.
Would we do it again next year....No!
Maybe another time but not on a holiday weekend.
We did not stay the night because there was
too many people there.
When we showed up Saturday morning there
was two tents on the lawn, 2 people sleeping in a hammock,
people sleeping in the living room and who knows
how many were sleeping in my brother-in-laws bedroom
who by the way did not move out this weekend
or probably has any plans to do so in the near future.
We were offered some floor space and sleeping
bags in their office room but passed on that!
My nephew who is about 19 or so had invited a bunch
of his friends up for the weekend so that to us
was not exactly what we wanted to be around
was a bunch of older teenagers who party all night
til 3am in the morning from the night before from
what I hear.  I do not know why my mother and father-in-law
would allow this.  We came back from one of our outings
around town and there had to of been 10-15
of them hanging out in the yard.  We left once
again to cruise around town, rain or shine, until they left.
We did get to enjoy some hours with hubby's parents
to ourselves which was nice.
About an hour before fireworks started we drove down to
the boat docks a couple blocks away and set up
some chairs.  A bunch of people started showing up
along with a bunch of golf carts.
It got crowded and we left before the fireworks ended.
I saw an opportunity to get the truck turned around
on a dead end road I was parked on and went for it.
I don't know how I really got us out of there.
People, cars, golf carts all out in the roadway.
Some people acted like they couldn't see two
bright headlights coming for them and would not move
out of the road til I was about ready to run them over.
The roadway at one point was almost blocked and
I had to partially drive through some
really muddy grass.  I could feel the tires spinning in it
so I knew I probably was throwing mud from the
tires at people.  Oh well, I was just glad to get out of there.
The drive home had a little traffic until about 
Bellfontaine or a little further.  I couldn't believe how far people were driving to see these fireworks.

I think I'll start on weeding things out this week
considering most of this week we have
a 40-50% chance for rain every day.
I've gotten so far behind with things due to
a 2 week Crohn's flare up.  I'm just glad it didn't
happen during our vacation and our trip to the lake.
Which seems unusual because you would think
during those times I would have been under stress
with planning, packing and making sure things went as planned.
Stress can cause Crohn's flare ups.
Still not 100% but do feel much better than I did.

This is what yesterdat at the lake looked like, yuck!


5:00pm


I haven't felt like doing much of anything today
other than unloading the stuff from the truck
and tending to the garden.
With all this rain I have a few plants with leaves turning
yellow or dying from too much water.
There's not a whole lot I can do about it
other than remove those leaves.
I also gathered more leaves from along our fence
in the neighbor's yard (I'm sure he's not going to miss them)
and put them in the potatoes I'm growing.
The only soil I used was at the very bottom of
this bin to barely cover the potato starts,
the rest is nothing but decayed leaves from last Fall.
The bin is almost completely full.
Once I can't cover them any longer then 
I let them keep growing til they bloom and
the leaves die.  Then the fun will begin
to undo their cage and see if we've grown any potatoes.


9:00pm


Went for a walk earlier this evening at a park
along Alum Creek then came home and hubby fixed
some burgers for supper.
After supper I gave hubby a haircut.
Now it's fixing to rain again upon us like usual.
At least it held off most of the day.
Would be cool to hear a couple of rumbles
when going to bed.  I like thunderstorms
when trying to sleep.  I used to play
a thunderstorm cd when I went to bed.








No comments:

Post a Comment