Wednesday, July 10, 2013

7-10-13

7:15am


I've read a lot on the internet where people all
over the US are saying their Kroger stores
quit doubling coupons.  I am happy to say
that Columbus Kroger stores with keep
their double coupon program!
I don't extreme coupon like I used to do because
it requires a lot of time.  I still use some
coupons though and it helps a lot when those double.


We went for a walk last night to check out
Alum Creek in our area.
It's up a little more from a couple days ago.
The ground is very muddy and slippery
especially on hills!!
Hubby took a spill last night and came
down hard on his left hip, arm and elbow.
He's been complaining about his shoulder hurting a lot.
All I kept thinking about at the time he fell
was, we're out in the woods, what if he can't
get up and how in the hell would I get him outta here.
But thankfully he was able to get up
and actually walk some more trails!

I almost fell a couple of times.
In 30 years of going to this wooded area,
last night was the first time I ever saw a deer there,
actually saw two of them!
Some pictures aren't the greatest because we
were far away, it started sprinkling,
the air was hazy and it was starting to get dark.
To zoom in 30 x's you have to have a real
steady hand to prevent blurring of pictures.
After hubby's fall my hands weren't too steady!
This deer was hiding in some brush.

And this one came out along the paved trail.

Then there was a little groundhog that came out for some bites.

This was taken from a bridge.
Water was moving fast.



If it rains today it will make 15 days
out of the last 17 days it has rained straight.
Currently I hear thunder to the South of us.
So many areas are flooded in different
counties around us.




I wish it would stop raining for a little while.
I've got a bunch of laundry to do.
I would like to start washing up a bunch of 
towels and blankets and be able to hang
them from the clothesline instead of
putting them in the dryer.

For our anniversary mom is getting us a SodaStream.

SODASTREAM VIDEO FROM HSN.

While we have not received it yet I am trying
to find ways to make this more economical to use.
The CO2 canisters cost $15 with an exchange from Walmart
and the syrups cost around $5 for a little bottle.

Yesterday I picked up some bottles of MIO 
at Big Lots for $1.20 a bottle and plan to use
some of these with the Sodastream.
I got orange tangerine and strawberry watermelon.
They also had energy drink flavors for the same price.
MIO sweetened tea flavor was $2.00 a bottle.


The next issue is going to be the cost of
the CO2 tanks.  To me $15 doesn't sound too cheap
to only make 30 2 liters of pop.
So I got to thinking how can I do this cheaper.
The paintball store that we go to has CO2 tanks
for paintball guns.  You could use those on
the Sodastream but will need to buy
a kind of expensive adapter to make it work.
Everywhere else is like $59!
We have bought a CO2 tank at our paintball
store for our paintball guns.
They offer FREE refills for a year!!
Now compare that to buying $15 CO2 tanks
at your local Walmart for the Sodastream.
I'm sure you'd be going through a lot of them
in a year so $15 each time can add up real quick
compared to spending $15 for a CO2 tank from
the paintball store and investing in a $39 adapter
and getting free CO2 refills for a year!

SODAMOD SODASTREAM ADAPTER ON YOUTUBE.


Just a little helpful cost effective tip for
those that have a SodaStream or plan on getting one.


11:15am


So far this morning in the basement I have gone through
VHS tapes.  Doesn't sound like much unless you 
have at least 10+ crates of them to go through!
I have narrowed it down to about 3 crates
I want to keep (I still have VHS/DVD players to
watch them on and don't have some of these movies
on DVD yet.  And some are home videos).  
And I am getting rid of
5 crates along with a very large tote full of VHS tapes.
Now to figure out how to carry them all upstairs
without breaking my back.  Ughhhh!
The carport is going to start to fill up soon.
Hubby wants to the TA back out soon for
this weekend and I'm starting to block
it in with boxes of stuff!
I can't exactly start filling my truck up at the moment
til I figure out the problem with my brake lights.
But that's not stopping me from 
weeding out the basement!!


1:30pm


It's 90 degrees outside and feels like 101 degrees!
Looks like a big storm is on it's way
getting ready to cross over into Ohio from Indiana.
Sure hope the vegetable garden is loving
all this heat because I'm not.
Got the AC on 79 degrees and it
feels pretty comfortable in here with fans going.
I just got back from Kroger and I'm so thankful
to have AC in the truck!
I originally called mom to see if she would take
me because my brake lights on my truck don't
work half the time.  She's on her way to my brother's
house so I just took a chance and went to
the nearest Kroger, not my favorite, but nearest.

Supper tonight with be Hashbrown Casserole
My only tweaks are instead of sour cream
I'll be using French onion dip and
omitting the chopped onions because it's in the dip.
Instead of cream of chicken I have cream of mushroom
and I'll also be adding some ground sausage.


When the last storm rolled through I noticed
a waterfall effect off the gutters on the carport
and water pouring out the sides.
Hubby crawled up on a ladder last night
and unclogged the gutters which had
helicopter seeds in them.
Where they came from and why we still
have them I do not know when we've 
cleaned these gutters out a couple of times already.
I went around and checked the other downspouts
to make sure they weren't clogged.
Clogged gutters with downpours equals
water leaking into basement.


3:05pm


I just saw on 10TV Facebook where they tracked
90+ mph winds in Dayton from the storm
heading our way.
I hope we don't get that here!


No comments:

Post a Comment