Saturday, April 27, 2013

4-27-13

12:55pm


I'm having problems uploading any photos at the moment.
Not sure why but will keep trying.

 I got up at 6:30am this morning.
Couldn't sleep and went to bed about 2:30am
so my you know what is dragging!

Went down to the flea market which was packed.

I bought a dvd I've been searching high and low for,
Coyote Ugly for $2.00.

A book called 
Talk to the Tail Because the Whiskers Ain't Listening
book for $1.00.

Another bird cage (on left) decoration for my fence that is flat
on the backside for $1.00.

29 brand new planting pots.
They still have the new price sticker of $2.00 each on them.
The guy started at $10, went to $5 and I ended up paying $4
for 29 pots!!
(would have cost $58 plus tax new!)
Remember me talking about possibly making
a self watering gutter garden, well these
would work great on it!
Need to find a valve float, the only thing
I have is a fill valve toilet float and 
I'm not sure how to make that work
on this system.


And I got hubby a B&M shifter for his car for $5.00 !!!!
Anyone care to see what these go for at JEGS?
It's not a powerglide shifter. 

 Stopped in the South end Walmart before
coming home.  Hubby wanted some more primer spray paint.
I bought 4 packets of seeds,
Blue Lake Stringless Garden Beans,
Straight Eight Cucumbers,
Fordhook Bush Zucchini.
Super Sweet 100 Tomatoes.   


6:45pm


Just got back from Menards.
Got 3 ten foot gutters (.89 cents each after rebate),
2 gutter end caps right and left ($1.37 x's 2 is $2.74)
and 2 gutter connectors ($3.59 x's 2 is $7.18-
like the one in the link but mine was cheaper)

then there's 29 planters for $4.00

Total of  $16.14 spent so far
on the self watering gutter garden. 

Still need dirt for the pots
which should run between 
$1 to $2 for bags of compost.
and a float valve unless
I can figure out how to use a toilet float valve.

I think to solve any mosquito issues with any standing
water or getting any tree or yard debris in the gutters,
I have asked hubby to save me any
scrap pieces of window screen from work.
I plan to staple that over the gutters,
put holes only where the pots will go.   

I still don't know why I can put photos
on here lately.  It's much easier to explain myself
with photos.


9:10pm


I am still up why?
Still going somehow on 4 hours sleep.
No pictures uploading, GRRRRRR!

 


  
   


 
  

          

No comments:

Post a Comment