Tuesday, April 2, 2013

4-2-13

9:00am


Sitting here looking at the picture ledge I made
thinking it needs something, it's too plain.
I have some textured/paintable wallpaper border
I picked up at the thrift store awhile ago
for .50 cents each that I thought would look nice
along the bottom edge of the ledge.
I have found this same wallpaper border
It's a Graham Brown Super Fresco
Paint N Hang made in England.
I temporarily hung one roll on the ledge
with some rolled tape to see what it looks like.
It's a textured wallpaper that has raised designs.
It does hide the screws we used to hang the shelf. 



      


3:00pm


I scrounged around for some pictures
to put on the picture ledge for now.
I'd eventually like to have all black picture frames
with black and white photos
and remove the ocean painting.
I put that up there for the time being
since I didn't have a place for it since removin
it from the bathroom.
And if hubby likes the wallpaper border
I'll put it up the correct way without 
the fold ripples in it.         

 




4:00pm


The sun is shining brightly over our home today!

We went from needing a bed for our one son
to having a choice of three beds in one day!!
All free!
My oldest son is getting rid of his twin captain bed,
hubby found a really nice full bed in an apartment today  
(would like to use for my son)
and a guy at his work is getting rid of
either a full or queen size bed that was hardly used if that,
still has the original plastic over the mattresses.
Hoping the last one is queen size so
we can replace our bed.  We've had it 8 years now
and got it from my brother who had it for who knows
how long.  The foot board is literally falling apart.
We've zipped stripped and duct taped it to hold it together.   
It's in sad shape but better than sleeping
on the floor.

Then hubby proceeds to tell me that along with
the bed in this vacant apartment he also got
not one but TWO 2 TWO!!! laptop computers!!!!
The guy in the office where hubby works
says the computers are about $1300 computers.
I'm tripping right now and have to see them
to believe it.  There's a couple other things
as well.  Will have to check it out and get back with ya.
This would be a blessing.
Our computers are hobbling along right now.
Still holding onto them though as a back up.
I love freebies.
In the past we've also gotten the kids a
free XBox 360 and Playstation 2
left behind in apartments.   


4:45pm


My 11 year old son has figured out how
to get free talk and text on his Ipod phone
I found for him.
He downloaded an app called TextFree.    
or something like that as I'm not
knowledgeable when it comes to fancy cell phones.
While my sons each have cell phones
I will not get and pay for service for them.
Can't afford it!
So now he has his own free phone number somehow.
He has been able to call out and receive calls
on his phone now for free.
Kids amaze me.   
He said you do have to have access to someone's phone
service to be able to download the app first.  


5:30pm




     
Hubby also found a fan laptop tray.
It has a light, cup holder and opens to store
  writing utensils and stuff inside.



It's sad that it takes kids at my house
to figure out this computer stuff.


We have figured out so far that
the blue Dell laptop is 320gb hard drive
and 4gb ram, Windows 7.
The red one is a Vaio, windows 7.
Having the neighbor kid work on them
because they have passwords and are in Chinese
and need reformatted.

Hubby also found this-




---

    


     


No comments:

Post a Comment