Friday, April 19, 2013

4-19-13

7:15am


How would you of liked to of been this man, Joe Bertie?
He crossed the Boston marathon's finish line
30 seconds before both bombs went off.
On his return trip home to Texas, two days later, he witnessed
the explosion of the fertilizer plant.
Read about it HERE.


8:30am


Yesterday evening I finally got my new rug put down 
in the dining room.  It's only taken me a week to do so, lol.
 The braided rug was only $5.00 at a church sale!!


The table and chairs which included
4 regular chairs, 2 captain chairs
and 2 leaves I got from a yard sale all for $60!!
 The table topper I got at a thrift store
for about $6 to $7 which included toppers for the two leaves.
The ONLY time we ever see the top of the table
is for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinners!
I plan to put the chair padding back to the
original white color like the chair
on the backside of the table. 





I've been working on cleaning the baseboards today.
I hate when they get a layer of dust on them.


12:20pm


Yesterday's high was 85 degrees.
Right now it feels like 35 degrees.
 That is a 50 degree difference!!!! 


1:25pm


Still working on cleaning the baseboards and walls.
This is how you know your cleaning is working, lol.
Woops.  I've been using a spray bleach cleaning product
to clean with.  That way I know everything will get clean and
sterilized around here plus is makes the house smell fresher.


This weather has been a tease.
I finally closed up any remaining windows
that were open and kicked the heat on.
Yesterday it was 83-84 degrees in our home
and could have very easily turned the ac on but didn't.



2:15pm



I use these little scented wax cubes to make the house smell good.
I picked up a few at Walmart the other day for $2.00 a pack.
Last night I used the Orange Buttercream Cupcake one.
I put one cube in a mini crock pot in the living room.
You could smell it in the bedrooms of the house.
My one son came out of the bedroom and said,
did someone just have cereal.  I knew it had a smell I was
familiar with and couldn't quite pinpoint it til
my son said something about cereal. Literally,
the Orange Buttercream smells like Fruit Loops cereal!!
Today I have the strawberries & cream in the crock.
Better than lighting scented candles around your home.
They have tons of assorted wax scent cubes to chose from.



2:30pm


Must be nice to be able to sleep through all the cleaning.






----


             



  
  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment