Monday, April 22, 2013

4-22-13

2:05pm


Monday is my slow down day
from the weekend.

I started taking the probiotics yesterday, today
is day two.  Not quite sure if it's right for me yet.
My latest bathroom trip wasn't normal
and now I feel throbbing in my stomach.

 In the mail today I received $10 card to use
at Kohl's on a $10 or more purchase.




5:15pm


I spent this afternoon playing in the flower/veggie bed.
 I took apart the garden boxes I made last year
and used that wood to make a border along
the fence garden.
This was all free wood I got from hubby's work
when they tore balconies apart. 
I'm not getting my hopes up for the 
roses to make it this year other than
a small mini rose I got last year marked
down at Kroger for $2.99.  I noticed some
green on its stems.  All other roses are still brown.
I did notice that the Dianthus I planted last
year is coming back this year. 
I found these for $1.00 a container
in the clearance area at Lowes.  

 I saw a couple sparrows flying in and out
of the lanterns today taking some of the lint
I put out for them. 

 My garden soil consists of-
top soil & composted manure.
All the leaves in the Fall are blown
into the garden bed and we rake all pine needles in there as well.
I also add in epsom salt, calcium tablets, egg shells, banana peels.
tea bags & coffee grounds.
The soil will have to be turned before planting.






My grape vine is starting to bloom.

  
Thinking about tearing the last two
garden boxes apart and using them
around the pine tree where I have
lilies, hostas and onions.

   
Was sitting on the front porch when I saw
this black kitty hiding in the neighbor's flower garden.




--- 
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment