Saturday, April 13, 2013

4-13-13

11:45am


Went to the scrap place this morning.
Made $80 off 2 buckets of brass & copper
and 12 pounds of aluminum cans.
Went to a church sale this morning.
Didn't find anything of interest there.
Stopped by hubby's work to get rid of some things
we weeded out.
Stopped by another yard sale on the return trip home.

Bachmann Train Set $3.
A used one sells for about $50-$56 on Ebay!


 42 piece HO accessory set,
some pieces light up.  $1.00.
Found one on Ebay for $14.00.
HO 90degree cross track .50 cents. 


5 piece HO flex track $1.00.
Goes for about $29.00 on Ebay. 




12:05pm


Some freebies that came in the mail today.

Coupon for a free
Loreal Healthy Look Creme Gloss Hair Color. 

Coupon for a free
8 ounce sample of Valspar paint from Lowes.  

Free Fiber One chewy caramel nut protein bar.





3:10pm


Supper tonight will be hamburgers later on.
Right now I've got dessert going in the crock,
Crock Pot Apple Cobbler.  

I changed the recipe a bit to add more flavor.
In the bottom of the crock I added a can
of apple pie filling, cutting up the apples.
Then I added in some apple pie spice, cinnamon and 
1 tsp. vanilla and sprinkled brown sugar over top
and added 6 tablespoons butter.


Lastly I sprinkled a box of yellow cake
mix over top of everything and set the crock pot
on low for 3-4 hours.



Yuck I smell of moth balls.
Stopped in Menards to get a box of them.
Put them around the bushes, basement window wells
and back step.  We get neighborhood cats that like
to visit around our home and leave horrid smells.
I hope between this and my sonic pest repeller
that it works to help keep them away.
They drive our cats nuts.


Starting tonight around 8:00pm 
(they said give or take a couple hours)
if there is no clouds or partly cloudy,
you may be able to see the Northern Lights!
I might take the family up around Hoover to escape some
city lights if the clouds aren't too bad to see if we can see any.
The Northern Lights being visible in Ohio and some
surrounding states is because of a solar flare from
the sun earlier this week. 


7:45pm


Just got home from visiting Tony's friend in Groveport,
stopping by 2 thrift stores and Kroger.
I guess hubby has decided we're going to National Trail Raceway
tomorrow and we needed things to pack for a picnic lunch.

I'm tired and starting to get grouchy.
I'm glad to be back home.
I get irritated by people real quick and need
to come home to relax because I'm surrounded by idiots.
For starters while in Menards earlier we asked an
employee where mothballs would be located.
He gets on a phone or radio to ask someone and
goes in search of them and NEVER return back to us!
We had to find them on our own.
Then while in the thrift store I am standing at the display
counter wanting to see something.  Two ladies behind the counter
near the register where more worried about who got what
sandwich they ordered and was delivered to them.
One finally sees me and asks, "Do you need assistance?"
I say, "yes please."  Don't know why they even asked because
she went into her office behind a closed door and the other person
started ringing someone up at the register.
Boy that pissed me off!
Another day while in Lowes checking out
the checkout guy asks an employee to do a price
check.  That employee said ok and NEVER returned.
We waited and waited and waited.
The checkout guy finally took my word
for what I said the price was. 

 Anyway we're back home now getting supper
ready.  Having hamburgers, fries and apple cobbler for dessert.
After supper I'll be working on a pasta salad
and tortilla roll ups for tomorrow's picnic.
For the tortillas I plan to put a mix of cream cheese
with powdered ranch dressing topped with a slice
of ham with a dill pickle slice in the center and then
roll the whole thing up.
We'll have pasta salad, chips and pop to go with it.

Have I mentioned my butt is totally dragging
and I haven't felt the greatest today.
My body has been aching and now have all this to do
still tonight.  Not sure when in the world
I'm going to get laundry done tomorrow.
Oh, and I wanted to head to the Hoover Dam
area after dark tonight (the clouds are clearing outside)
and see if we could catch a glimpse of the Northern Lights.
I need a bunch of energy real quick.

At least I got part of tomorrow's supper made
in the crock pot earlier.
I sliced up a head of cabbage into about 6 wedges.

     
In a bowl I added Italian dressing with butter
and put it in the microwave til the butter was melted.
I rubbed the Italian butter in all the nooks and crannies
of the cabbage.

  

I then sprinkled Mrs Dash garlic & herb seasoning
on one side and Mrs Das onion & herb seasoning
on the other side then wrapped the cabbage wedge
with a piece of raw bacon.

   
Each cabbage wedge was then wrapped in aluminum
foil and put into a couple crock pots on low
for about 4-5 hours.

  
Not sure what I will have with it.
Maybe some fried potatoes and corned beef.

---   
                           


  




No comments:

Post a Comment