Saturday, April 20, 2013

4-20-13

11:40am


Just got done booking a hotel and NASCAR tickets
for June 15th to 17th.
What sucks is our hotel we used last year has no
rooms available and I had to find another one, Comfort Inn,
which meant I had to pay $20 more a night.
But it is a newly remodeled hotel and it sits
across the street from Lake Eerie in Monroe, Michigan
and has the amenities as the last one we had
with indoor pool, hot tub, exercise room,
free breakfast and wifi.  Plus I think it's within
walking distance to fast food.  Unlike the last hotel
we had to drive 5 or so miles to get to any fast food, stores & gas.
I opted for a hotel in Michigan instead of Ohio.
It's about an hour drive to the race track according to mapquest
but when you go to the hotel's website it says
it's only 35 minutes away.
 The blue dot is where our hotel is.


 Our seats this year at the track will be in turn 1 (red square)
by the pit exit and near the tunnel where they come and go out of
the infield
  instead of turn 4 at the pit entrance like last year at the opposite end
near the white building in the upper middle of the pic.
Way tooo much walking from where we
parked last year!  



5:00pm


For supper we're having chili dog casserole.

Place ketchup and mustard on a flour tortilla and 
a bun length hot dog.  Roll up and then place seam
down in a casserole dish that has a can of
chili in it.  Continue doing this for all 8 hot dogs.
Top with another can of chili
then sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top.
I also added chopped onion and some leftover
black olives I had from making a pasta salad.
Bake for about 15 minutes til cheese has melted
and the chili is bubbly around the edges.



   

We went to some thrift stores earlier to get out of the
house to do something.
I know it's only April but I noticed the swimsuits
were .99 cents each piece for tankinis.
I found a top that was flowy and not snug
around the mid section and a skirt like bikini bottom. 
Can't beat $1.98 for a swimsuit.
Now all I need is a little sun to get a tan, lol.

     
Hubby found a Muscle Car coffee table book.
This is thick and heavy with lots of colorful pictures.

       


7:00pm


Hubby mowed the grass for the first time this year.
It's 44 degrees outside, wind chill is 39 degrees,
BRRRR! 


The pear trees are blossoming
and look so pretty.
I planted these almost 4 years ago in June 2009,
the one year anniversary of living in our home.
I got them for $1.50 each in the clearance area of Lowes. 



  
These are some lilies I replanted from the
backyard to the front yard last year.
I needed to move them to make room for my vegetable garden.
Looked like crap after transplanting last year but 
they are coming back nicely this year.

    
 Everything's starting to turn green.


I bought this hanging basket from the
thrift store today.  I thought I'd help out the
squirrels and birds and put some dryer lint
in it and hung it up in the pine tree.

   

The moon is out.

  



8:45pm




Almost forgot these guys who were still out
in the truck, a set of 11 nickle colored solar lights.
$3.93 for all from the thrift store.


Remember solar lights are great to use
when your power goes out and 
are much, much safer than using candles!    

        

No comments:

Post a Comment