Thursday, April 11, 2013

4-11-13

1:15pm


I received an email from Walmart concerning
my cameras and cases order I placed with them for $4 each.
I ordered a total of 5.
Lots of people I read had canceled their orders
because they didn't think they would get it at that price.
I let it ride to see what would become of it.
And here is the email I got today.

Thank you for your recent order from Walmart.com.
Unfortunately, there has been an error with the bundle you recently ordered on our site. One or more of the items you selected was unavailable, and we are unable to send you the missing item(s). We apologize for any inconvenience, and want you to know you may keep the other items from this bundle free of charge and we will issue a full refund. You will receive a separate email with your refund amount within the next 48 hours.
Also, to thank you for your understanding, we’re emailing you a $10 eGift Card to apply towards a future Walmart purchase online or in stores. You’ll receive the eGift Card in a separate email within 48 hours.

 To me it was a win win situation.
Did I really think I would get a camera and case for only $4.00,
no but tried anyway and had the option to get a refund
if it didn't work out.
Now because I didn't cancel my order I get
whatever it is they are sending (to the store for pickup)
and weren't out of for FREE.  
I'm going to guess it's 5 camera cases.
Value of $21.35!
 AND I get a FREE $10 gift card.   AND
I get all my money refunded.
So just  for trying for that deal I ended up
with $31.35 worth of things for FREE!!!


1:45pm


Saw the first lawn mower service cutting
grass today on our street.
And two days ago I saw the first bats of the season
flying around our home.  
We usually see them during the evening hours during
the warmer weather.   


3:15pm


A freebie I received in the mail today
was a water bottle straw from Fiji.



Started working on supper.
Don't ya hate it when you think you have everything
planned out only to realize that someone
has eaten one of the ingredients.
I planned to make ham and potato soup
but it seems that we have ham gremlins
that raided the leftover ham in the fridge.
So instead of ham I plan to fry up some bacon
and chop it up and use it in its place.
For the soup itself I am using a couple
packets of sausage flavored country gravy mixed
with chicken broth, ok I see I don't have any chicken broth or boullion.  What to do?   I took a seasoning packet out
of a chicken ramen noodle and put it in the gravy along with
some onion powder and Mrs. Dash onion & herb and Mrs. Dash
garlic and herb seasoning.   Serve soup with cheddar cheese on top.


Been working on my son's foot since he got home from school.
He had lost a toe nail last year from dropping something on it
and when it grew back a corner of it started to grow under
the skin causing him pain.  Every now and then I'll have him
set with his foot in a bowl of warm water and epsom salt
to soak.  This softens the skin around the toe nail.
After each soak then I will dry his foot off and take
a pair of tweezers and pry his toe nail gently where it
is growing downwards and then apply some neosporin
and wrap it afterwards.  This is not an instant cure and will
take many many soakings.  I'm trying to avoid a doctor's visit
because I know the doctor will want to remove the toe nail.
If you've ever had one removed you know how painful it can be.
Not from the toe nail being removed but from all
the freaking shots they put into your foot to numb it.
I don't want him to go through what I went through!


Tomorrow I have a couple yard sales lined
up with a possible church sale for me and mom to
go to.   


5:00pm


I would love to catch rain water again
but are leery about using the rain barrels again.
For starters they were a pain to drill out and
connect three 55 gallon barrels without them 
wanting to leak.  Then we had our neighborhood cable
guys totally break the barrel connectors when maintenancing
our cable.  I was thinking more along the lines
of a 275 gallon water tote.
This is 110 gallons more water storage than the 3 fifty five gallon
barrels I had and I wouldn't have to connect anything
but gutters and a hose.
That's 110 more gallons of free water!
I've been seeing them on Craigslist for
$60 to $75 for one of these totes.
Just an option to think about.

  

    

                  

  
      
 

No comments:

Post a Comment