Sunday, January 6, 2013

1-6-13

1:25pm


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY SON TODAY WHO IS 13!!!


I just got 2 round cakes baked and letting them cool.
I went ahead and made zebra cakes.
Here are directions below that shows how to make them. 


I used a confetti white Christmas cake mixed marked down
to .50 cents from Aldis.  I divided the batter into two different
bowls.  In one bowl I added some dry chocolate fudge pudding
to the mix and added a little black food coloring.
I tried the baggie method like shown in the video above
but it didn't work for me so just spooned the batter 
in the pan alternating between the white and chocolate.
Once cool I will stack the two round cakes
together and frost it with a red frosting also
found at Aldi marked down after Christmas. 




2:25pm


I got the cake all done and frosted.




Was thinking about taking birthday boy out to
supper at Ci Ci's Pizza.
It'll be a big splurge but hey it's his birthday!
It's not every day you become a teenager.


4:30pm - 7:00pm


Took everyone out to the pizza buffet in Stoneridge Plaza.
It was yummy and was much less than I anticipated.
For 4 adult buffets, 3 drinks and 1 water, with an unlimited buffet
of pizzas, dessert, pastas, soups and salad
was only $23 with tax.  Almost next door was
Kroger that I wanted to stop in and see if they had
my Big K pop which is sold out where we live.
Yes!  They did have it in stock.  I'm a happy camper.
Then my discount radar went off and I was like
a hunting dog with it's nose to the ground looking for
mark downs in a "new" store.  New to me because I rarely shop there unless we're eating at Ci Ci's then I might stop in once or twice a year.   Then I spot a LOT of crates up towards the 
front of the store to the left of the checkouts.
At first I thought it was from where they were remodeling
the store and putting things off the shelves onto them to move them.
As I get closer it looked like a pot of gold at the
end of a rainbow glowing in my eyes.
I'd died and gone to manager special Heaven, lol.
I had never seen so many manager specials
in one place before like that!
There was so much stuff so I had to chose
wisely with what I had to spend.
Let's just say I am stocked up with baking supplies now.
I have had no luck with after holiday sales
at other Kroger stores and hit the jackpot tonight with this store.
I wish I could have bought more things
but this was all I could afford to get for now.

 4 boxes of 15 count gallon size zip freezer bags.
.50 cents each.



4 packages of chocolate bark.
.50 cents each.



10 three packs of yeast. 
.29 cents each.



9 bags of semi sweet chocolate chips.
Regular size, mini and jumbo.
.75 cents each.



8 cans sweetened condensed milk.
.50 cents each.

1 canister Stove Top Stuffing.
$1.00.

large can of apple pie filling.
.75 cents.



Here soon we'll be having cake and ice cream.
Waiting a little bit after eating for our bellies
to rest before dessert. 
For now I'm gonna get laundry finished.
Got the last loads in the washer and dryer.
Then comes the fun part of putting everything
away and hanging things up, and the job of
matching all the socks up.
Plus I gotta dump out the change jug and
find the kids some lunch money for the week
and get that divided up and ready to go.
This will be fun getting the kids back into
their school routine after having 2 weeks off.
5:30am is gonna come awfully early tomorrow morning for me!

Oh, I wanted to show you the 45 pint dehumidifier we found yesterday at hubby's work.




8:15pm










8:55pm


Tomorrow will be a sad day.
Tony's aunt passed away early yesterday morning at 4:30am
and her showing is tomorrow evening.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment