Sunday, January 13, 2013

1-13-13

10:50am


I am working on my menu of meals for the next 
two and a half weeks.
Got a grocery list and need to run to Kroger today.

1.  Scalloped ham and potatoes.

2.  Reuben sandwiches.

3.  Hash brown casserole with eggs, ham and cheese.

4.  Hawaiian homemade pizza.

5.  Pasta salad with ham and cheese sandwich.

6.  Teriyaki smoked sausage with broccoli, green/yellow/red bell peppers and onions over rice.

7.  Tuna noodle casserole with dinner rolls

8.  Tilapia served with rice & veggies.

9.  Hot dogs with mac and cheese.

10.  Turkey lasagna #1

11.  Spaghetti with deer burger meatballs and garlic bread.

12.  Sloppy joes made with deer burger.

13.  Pork chops with stuffing and green beans in a mushroom sauce.

14.  Deer roast with mashed potatoes & gravy and carrots.

15.  Turkey lasagna #2

16.  Sausage noodle soup #1

17.  Sausage noodle soup #2 


Breakfast-

Cereal.

Poptarts.

Ham and egg sandwiches on wheat bread.

100% apple and orange juice with 100% vitamin C.

Yogurt.


2:00pm


Back from the Kroger in UA.
Spent $66 for groceries for the next two and a half weeks.
Will still need to get the basics like
milk, bread, eggs and pop during those weeks when we run out.
$6 of my grocery bill went for a gallon of antifreeze.
I never see antifreeze marked down!
This wasn't the 50/50 mix either.
Found a bunch of mark downs and used
some coupons or it would have been $75 w/o coupons.

 I got a bunch of fresh and frozen veggies
along with yogurt to pump up the immune systems around here.
I have been finding veggie trays with dip normally
$10 or more marked down to $2.99 and $3.99.
Got a couple in the fridge now.
They have carrots, celery, broccoli & cherry tomatoes
with ranch dip.  We can snack on these instead
of chips!  But I did get a can of Lays Stax that
was marked down to .79 cents.  So one little
things of chips for the next couple of weeks.

Well time for some of lunch.
Something simple, hot dogs with cheese and french fries.
Then after lunch I gotta start doing the laundry for the week,
round up lunch money for the kids
and then hopefully this evening give both kids a haircut.
After that I can pass out somewhere, lol.
Hopefully be able to relax tomorrow and watch
some DVR'd Doctor Quinn.  Today they are having
a marathon of it that I'm recording, 8 hours worth :0)
Hopefully there are some shows I haven't seen. 


3:40pm


It got to 62 degrees today with some rain showers.
Two days without running the furnace and having
windows open and fans blowing in January
to air out the house?
I'll take it!


6:20pm


Last load of laundry in the washer, woo hoo.
I so look forward to when all the laundry done for the week!

Didn't even have to fix supper.
Mom made too much chicken noodle soup
and sent some over for us for supper.
Lovin it! 


Now all that needs done is giving the kids

each a hair cut and making sure they get their showers.


8:00pm


I think I've gotten all the salt washed off the truck.
Left it out in the driveway and not under the carport
to get a free car wash from the rain.
Saved $5 instead of taking it to a car wash, lol.

Laundry is almost done, thank goodness.
Last load is in the dryer.  Back is broke now.
Hoping to remember to take the duct tape
down to the basement during my last trip.
I have forgotten it the last 10 trips.
We put a thermal wrap blanket on our water heater tank
and the tape that came with it wasn't the greatest
and it started falling off.
I'll fix it!  Duct tape fixes a lot of things! 
It's a necessary staple in all households!


9:50pm


I remembered to take the duct tape down to the 
basement and got the hot water tank blanket taped up really good.
Did I remember to shut the door to the dryer
and start it, heck no, GRRRR!
Losing my mind.   
Well I almost had laundry done tonight.
It's time for bed so will work on that
last load in the dryer tomorrow.






No comments:

Post a Comment