Tuesday, January 29, 2013

1-29-13

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY WONDERFUL HUBBY!


6:30am


School Closing:
Huy AG Bell Elementary, Medina Middle School,
and Tree of Life Northridge closed today
due to a power outage in the Karl Rd. area. 

A car around 2:30am
hit a telephone pole taking out power
to much of the area.  Hubby called to say it also
included the traffic lights
at I-71 and Cooke Rd which is being
directed by a traffic cop due to the rush hour traffic. 
WBNS 10 TV news.

At 6:00am I was getting kids up and getting them ready
for school and their breakfast.
They were moving slower than molasses.
Should have seen how fast they sprung
to life around 6:30am 
when they saw on tv that their school was closed!


7:30am


I got up before 5:30am to make hubby a birthday surprise.
I made him a bacon rose bouquet.
Not too fully functional at that hour of the morning
to be rolling and baking bacon and then
tearing apart a couple artificial rose bouquets
to put the bacon roses on!
But I did it.  All the while I'm thinking hey I'll
get up early and get this done and I'll make up
for it with a nap later on only to find out
the kids school is closed today.
I told hubby, see it was a good thing you changed
your day off.  We had planned to spend a day together
without kids to get a little mommy and daddy time
and go out for breakfast or lunch.
If he'd of still taken today off instead of Friday
we probably wouldn't have gone out.
Tonight we're all going out with my mom and step-dad
to pizza hut for a birthday supper.
I don't have to cook, woo hoo!






12:55pm



It's 62 degrees outside and I have windows open
airing out the house.   It's nice to be able to get
some fresh air in here.
Air inside ones home can be more polluted than
outside air so that's the reason for doing it
especially this time of year when everything is closed up.  
Rarely do we get
the chance in January to open up windows.
Read about it here --> Indoor Air Quality in the Winter. 

We're supposed to have about the same temps
tomorrow then back into the 20's for highs
the rest of the week. 
Another day or two without running the furnace,
woo hoo!

Hubby called H&R Block.
I guess they got all the paperwork in that they
needed to do our taxes now so we went
ahead and made an appointment
for Friday morning to finish doing them
while hubby was off work.
I don't want to just walk in even though
that's what they originally told us and
have to wait when we've already made
our appearance before that. 
There has been a wait this year for millions of people til January 30th to file due to the fiscal cliff and new tax law changes.
Some have to even wait til mid February to March.
Read about it HERE.
IRS has a link to check to see when you will be 
getting your refund once you've filed.
Where's My Refund starts January 30th.


1:45pm


I am currently working on a beauty pageant cape/ponch
for a friend of mine.
Did you know you really don't need to go out and
buy patterns which can be costly when
all you have to do is use actual pieces of clothing.
You can tear apart the clothing at the seams
and trace out patterns and fabric pieces.
Take notes or pictures of how to sew everything back together.

My friend said that these beauty pageant capes/ponchos
are sold for $39 on up and that's why she asked
if I could make one for her.
For this project I purchased a poncho at the thrift store
to use as a pattern for $1.99
 and the bolt of fabric says $5.  There is still a lot of fabric
leftover on this bolt after I cut out the poncho pieces. 
I think I'm just going to zig zag stitch the outside
of the pattern pieces because the straight stitch
on my sewing machine isn't the greatest.
That is how it's done on the original piece anyway.






3:25pm


This is how far I've gotten with the poncho.
I've decided to put it up for now.

There's a couple of things I need to work out with it
and either try to finish it tonight or tomorrow morning
depending how I feel.
Going to go jump in the shower and
start getting ready to go out for supper tonight.
We just broke the record high temperature for the day at Port Columbus. Our temperature of 67 tops the old record of 65 set back in 1975!



 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment