Wednesday, January 23, 2013

1-23-13

6:10am 


I've pretty much been up since 4:30am. But I have been awake here and there throughout the night as well. For starters hubby's back has not been playing nice and I could hear him moan and groan every time he moved. I hooked him up with a heating pad on his back for the night. I'm sure he pulled a muscle probably from loading that darn salt spreader by himself. Those salt bags aren't light. I know because I helped him once to load the spreader and about broke my back. Next hubby's been getting charlie horses in his leg(s) again. So of course I would wake up when he'd jump out of bed trying to walk them off. Hubby got home about 8:15pm so he worked almost 12 hours yesterday. He pretty much got home and went to bed only to awake an hour later to the pager going off. A foreigner who we could barely understand was complaining of noises going on in the attic above him. Hubby said there was nothing he could do til Wednesday morning that it was probably squirrels and he would have to set a live trap for them. I told hubby he should of told them it was ghosts and the place was haunted, LOL. Then 4:30am rolls around. Boo the cat is in our room meowing and carrying on. He gets beside my side of the bed and makes all kinds of noise. I'm trying to swat at him in the dark to get him to go away so I could sleep. I wake hubby up in the process who thinks I'm talking to him asking me what I said. I said oh nothing, I'm just petting the cat harder than normal, grrrr. I managed to shoo the cat away and he goes into the hall making these cricket like meows as to tell me he's wanting someone to get up and play with him. This is getting so annoying! I keep yelling shhhhssh! and shut up! I finally get back to sleep and the alarm goes off at 5:30am. I get up stumbling from not enough sleep and look like someone who's been out partying all night with a major hangover. I stumble to the kitchen and got hubby's coffee going and made 3 hash brown, egg and cheese sandwiches for everyone along with a yogurt and chocolate carnation instant breakfast drink. Now I sit here trying to get kids to wake up, get them dressed and to the table to eat. One cat already wants to go to the basement at night and now I know of another one that's going whether he likes it or not. I can't take much more of not getting much sleep!!! Ya know what pisses me off is that soon after I wake up at 5:30am and feed and water the cats that little pisser that has tried to keep me awake all night has gone off in some corner to take a nap! Oh yeah, I go an wake his little ass up! 


8:00pm


I don't know what to believe anymore about
what is going on in this world after viewing the
9/11 video.  Now I am really starting
to wonder after watching another video called
The Sandy Hook Shooting- Fully Exposed.


9:35am


My eyes are burning so bad from no sleep that
it feel like I poured lighter fluid in them.
It's time for a well deserved nap to be fully
functional later this afternoon when kids
get off the bus. 


3:10pm


After school snack today is 
rosemary and olive oil flatbread
topped with spaghetti sauce, kraft cheese slice
and pepperonis.  And a glass of orange juice.



For supper I am making shredded pork quesadillas
fried with some teriyaki sauce and leftover cubed potatoes.
and a mexican blend shredded cheese and
a side of 4 cheese rice-a-roni with a little white
rice mixed in to stretch it further.
Ranch for dipping.




Hubby is still complaining of a severe backache,
pains/leg cramps and now dark urine.
I'm going to guess he either has a kidney infection,
kidney stones and/or possible dehydration.
   I told him he should make a doctor's
appointment but he won't go because he says
he's on call at work and they are down 
many workers this week.  He's had kidney stones before.
So momma has to come up with some home remedies
to see if this will pass or get some relief til
Monday.  So this is what I'll do for him-
We'll stop by Kroger tonight and I'll get him
100% cranberry juice, bottled water and maybe 
some gatorade for him
to be able to take to work and drink throughout the day.
Cranberry juice helps remove toxins from the kidneys.
It also has anti-oxidants that help fight off
urinary tract infections.  
Cranberry juice has polyphenolic compounds
which help to dissolve some types of kidney stones.
Drink plenty of water daily to help flush out kidneys
and/ or stones.
Drinking plenty of water along with some gatorade also helps
dehydration which could cause leg cramps. 

I am not a doctor!
While this may work for some it may not work for others!
Always see a doctor if symptoms persist or get worse.


8:15pm


Got hubby all set up with fluids to drink
to cleanse his system out.




10:00pm


Here is another home remedy called
Cinnamon Tea.

Ingredients
1 cinnamon stick
1 c. of boiling water

Directions
Break cinnamon stick into pieces and place in a cup. Add boiling water. Cover and steep for 10 minutes. You can keep adding hot water to the cup to enjoy all day long. Use more or less cinnamon depending on the strength you prefer.

You can also place a cinnamon stick in any tea while it steeps to add flavor and health benefits.

There are many health benefits of cinnamon-
1.  Lowers cholesterol
2.  Regulates blood sugar
3.  Helps yeast infection
4.  Cancer prevention
5.  Arthritis relief
6.  Anti-bacterial
7.  Brain health
8.  E. Coli fighter 
9.  High in nutrients, manganese, fiber, iron and calcium.
10.  Prevent the flu
11.  A stomachic, helps with digestion
12.  Has anti-clogging affect on blood.
13.  anti-microbial, antibacterial, and an antifungal
14.  Eases menstrual cranps
15.  Relieves gas
16.  Prevents acid reflux sipped before a meal 
Four Best cinnamons to use.

 Side effects of cinnamon.










No comments:

Post a Comment